Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I thought it might be fun to share our hopes here as part of the New Year's fun!  So, do you have a bear you've set your heart on this year?  A special bear you'd like to own, or create ... let us know!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I would like to own a realistic Chinchilla  bear_wub  No-one i have seen has ever made one close to the real thing. I'd either like to buy it or make it. Sadly, i don't think my skills are up to what i want yet; and i cant afford to commison one.

So hopefully one day! I would also like to own one of Judi's tigers bear_grin

puca bears puca bears

Ooh, this is fun! I actually GOt one bear of my dreams for Xmas - an exquisite Christine Pike mini................
and my wish list would entail winning the lottery - I'd LOVE one of Karin de Lorenzo's polars, and a Kelly Dean trashcan ted (Joisy Joe was my absolute fave!)...............
but as for making the bear of my dreams - some hope! Even the ones I'm pleased with are never good enough - all I can see is what's WRONG........but that's what makes it so exciting - maybe the next one...............
huggies
Maia

Taiwan Angel Love Bear Forever

I got a wonderful bear from Steiff before Christmas.
It is Karl Lagerfeld bear. It cost me a lot to have it .
But the bear and the accessories are really great.  bear_original

My new year dream bear is to try to make a "Angel" bear. ( A bear that look like myself )
But I think first I will have to make myself some signature style then I will be able to make a bear that have the look like me  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well I always wanted a Defu bear and I got my beautiful bear last year, so I have now set my eyes towards something new. I have a list of bears by artists that I would like to own...yikes...no I don't want to own the artists...maybe their talent.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: What I meant to say was I have a list of artists whos bears I would like to collect/own.
I would love one of your bears Paula...
A Karin DeLorenzo bear...
A Kelly Dean creation, Kelly makes me smile with his wonderful humour that he puts into his work...
One of Judi's wonderful tigers....
A tiger like Heike Buchner made and one of her puppy dogs...
Silvia Gilles makes some cute bears, I wouldn't mind to own one of those...
A Vicky Allum Humble Crumble bear and one of Yvonne's lovely Bebbin bears...I think I better stop now, my husband is turning green as I read out the list... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Kent
Website

Aw, thanks Jane!  :hug:  It's hard to choose a single 'bear of my dreams' to own, I know the bear of my dreams I would like to create though ... he (yes, it would have to be a 'he') would be entirely classic, completely handsome and true to the classics ... somehow that's a look I always seem to miss slightly when I try!  Vicky's bears are a wonderful representation of that style and Ellen, I believe Bel Ami bears have that beautifully traditional look too?

At the moment, I'd love to buy an Auntie Bear, this time made by me :redface:  (I recently purchased one by my sister).  Would you believe I don't own one?!  I would love to have one of my particular old favourites ... I always keep my eyes peeled on the secondary market in case the right one turns up but they don't seem to come up very often and when they do, I blink and miss them!  One day I'm sure I'll be able to report success - I can be patient!  For me, Auntie Bears represents a special time, now past and I can't believe I didn't keep one of my own bears!  There's a lesson to all nostalgic bearmakers! bear_tongue

Another bear I would love to own would be one by Pamela Wooley ... I've always loved her bears but never owned one.  Ah, one day!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I have a long wish list of artist bears I'd like to own but don't want to play favorites or hurt anyone's feelings. There are SO many talented artists out there... not just the "big names" we all know but I've been to some bear shows and met some very talented artists who aren't "online" and don't advertise much... they don't have to as they have quite a following! Others I like are brand new and not 'known' yet. And many more are right here on TT.

But oh the list is long and it sure is fun to think about all those amazing bears I hope to have one day..... bear_wub What great warm and fuzzy thoughts to start off this Monday morning with!!!

Kent
Website

I agree with you Daphne, that's the great thing about visiting bear shows, you get to see many more wonderful bear artists than are currently online.  I think the beauty of bear collecting and creating is that for every fabulous bear, there will always be an admiring collector - there is such diversity of both talent and its appreciation to be celebrated when considering our 'dream bears'. bear_original

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub My heart was broken when I did not get one of your bears for christmas this year Paula. I gave all the instructions to my daughter, but she got to it toooo late, so maybe sometime this year.  I would like one like the one on your avatar.  I love the look of your bears and yes I will have one some day. 
My dream bear to make is from Blue Jeans, I have the fabric, rather jeans, all I need is the time.  Its coming around the bend this year I hope.
Thanx for the great topic.

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Oh my goodness.......my list is soooooo huge, how can I cut it down to just a few.....just choosing one is impossible so I'm not even going to try  bear_grin  bear_grin

If money was no object I'd love to have a bear by:
Kelly Dean........just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his bears bear_wub
Citico Ridge
Paula Carter
Karin DeLorenzo polar bear
Humble Crumble

Ok, I'm going to stop now, I could just keep going and going and going.............guess what my money would be spent on if I won the lottery  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin 

Hugs
Janice

Kent
Website

Ooh Janice, now that's interesting, I haven't heard of Citico Ridge so I'd love to find out more now.   bear_original

Pat, I too have the jeans!!!:lol: I couldn't bring myself to throw out my son's cast offs as I really like those denim look bears ... there's something so personal about jeans don't you think?  (Do I sound as mad as I think I do?! bear_tongue )  What I mean is, if you love to wear jeans (and I confess, it's rare that you would see me in anything else), they mold to you over time and become your second skin ... I work in a couple of pairs jeans I've owned for about fifteen years and I dread the day when they finally give up on me!  Good luck with your special blue jeans bear!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

mmmmmmmmmm If I won the lottery I would rush out and buy a bear from each of the following:

Ellen Borggreve (totally in love with the racoon style bears)
Terries Bears
quite a few of Kims bears - especially LOVE those recent feather fur bears
Silvia Gilles - any pleeeease!!!!

I also have a soft spot for Mawspaws Bears  bear_wub

Better go buy another lottery ticket  :lol:

Hugs Ali x

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

There are so many lovely bears to choose from but for me, I have three favourites - Forget-Me-Not Bears by the Wiltshire sisters, Portobello Bears and Beth's Bears by Beth Leggat.  A bear from anyone of them would thrill me.  I do have one Forget-Me-Not bear, but for the first time ever, I would like a one of Liz's really big ones, that look like Steiff bears.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.

hugs,

Brenda

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Every time I read this thread and the replies get longer I see more bears on wish lists that remind me of another bear that I want that I had forgotten about bear_grin
I would really love a Humble Crumble bear -have wanted one for a while now.I would also love some more of Paulas bears.I have 3 already and there is plenty of room for more bear_grin
There are many more bears that I love but it would take me so long to list them all.It is so easy to fall in love with artists bears bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I would love to create a bear that I was really really happy with but I don't think that will ever happen as I always want my next bear to be better than the last one that I made.
Laurie :hug:

Kent
Website

Ooh, let's all pray for lottery wins!  bear_thumb   There are some wonderful dream bears waiting for us I'm certain! 

Brenda, the artist bears you mention are so perfect for you - I would have chosen them for you myself! Ali, I remember my Mum bought one of Maureen's little beauties a few years ago ... she still loves it!  Laurie, those Humble Crumbles are absolutely beautiful aren't they ... *drools* ... like you, I would love to create a bear I was one hundred percent happy with, but I always want to improve with the next one and then the one after that ... funny thing is, now I look back to the bears I made over ten years ago, I'm only just beginning to appreciate them! :crackup:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

886.jpg

This is my ultimate dream a Steiff from before 1910

Close second is a Three O'Clock bear

After that I would love to own an All Bear, A Portabello bear, A Kelly Dean vinigette, A Judi Paul tiger, A White Forest bear, A Christine Pike bear, A Gregory Gyllenship bear.............................I know there are loads I have missed

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I couldn't possibly pick just one bear.  I fancy so many!  bear_wub 

As far as creating one?  Hmmmmm.  I think I'd like to make a traditional excelsior stuffed bear.  I've just started expirementing with excelsior in the nose and paws and I'm really liking it!  So, I think a full on, completely traditional (including cotter pins and voice box), excelsior stuffed bear would be my dream creation for the year.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

My dream is to own a Fairy Doogle by Tami L. I have loved them since the day I saw them. bear_wub  Someday :pray:

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I would die very happy indeed if I owned one of Karen DeLorenzo's polar bear cubs!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
As for a creation.....I'm getting there with each new design which is as it should be, never quite getting there to keep the challenge alive!

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_wub I have a long wish list of bears I would like to own and I like to think I have made a start on it  bear_rolleyes As to making a special bear - not sure that is going to happen as I am too critical and can always find something wrong bear_ermm  It's always exciting though to move on to the next bear because that might just be the one!  bear_grin  It's amazing how many perfect bears I have made in my dreams  bear_grin

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Gee - where do you start???  I KNOW I won't ever have enough $$$'s to afford ALL of the bears on my wish list, but I'll keep the dream alive anyway!

I'd love to own at least one of the following bears  bear_wub :

Potbelly Bears (Shelli Heinemann)
One & Only Bears (Michelle Lamb)
Wild Thyme (Kim Basta)
Bearhaven Bears (Deborah Burnham)
Three O'Clock Bears (Jenny Johnston)

... oh, and joy of joys!! I received my first Benson Bear in our TT Bear Swap for Christmas from Linda.  He's an adorable little bundle of panda in hand-dyed alpaca made just for me ... and I'll treasure him for ever (thanks again Linda)

Marg  bear_original

PS:  I'd just love the opportunity to wander through Kelly Dean's Christmas Shoppe, let alone own one of his adorable creations.

Kent
Website

Isn't it great to hear that so many bear makers would love to collect other artists' work!

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

It was my total pleasure to make him for you Marg, and I love my little Muffin, his eyes are just so alive. Wasn't it fun to have the Christmas surprise under the tree? We should really post some pics of our bears, I didn't (forgot) to get a pic of the panda before I sent him on his way  :doh:  :doh: so if you could manage one that would be great! Then we could show them off!  bear_original  bear_original

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I don't think I can pick one either my tastes can be very diverse and there are so many gorgeous bears out there . Some on my wish list are

1 Eva and Gunter Defeu dog and or bear
2 Wendy Meagher dog and or elephant
3 many many of the artists on TT's
4 and many of the bears I haven't seen yet!!! :crackup:

Hugs

Raewyn

Kent
Website

Oh Raewyn, I love Wendy's elephants too! bear_wub

Board footer