Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

A wish list??  Wellll, I would have to agree with Brenda (thumperantiques), I would love a Forget Me Not bear by the Wiltshire sisters, also a Wee Scone by Diane - (a black and white panda with red pads) and I also admire Aerlinn bears by Esther Pepper to name a few.
There are  just sooo many wonderful artists to choose from.

As for making a bear, I can hardly sit still, while I wait for my new fabric to arrive.  I'm working on a design/style that's entirely new to me - how exciting.  It's like re-descovering Teddy Bear artistry for the first time (but with a little more expertiste under my belt).  I'm so anxious to start these bears, I'm having a little difficulty focusing on the bears I presently  have on the go! 

-Laurie

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Definitely, one bear from each of

Melisa Nichols
Brenda from Momanimallover
Three O'clock Bears
Terries Bears

Peggy

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Dream Teddy Bears!!! Good idea Paula!
I really would have a tough call coming up with a favorite artist bear, since I love so many. ( :crackup: There is no short list! bear_laugh )
But years ago I read about this famous fellow in TB&F--Alfonzo!

http://www.luckybears.com/encyclopaedia … _story.asp

I am a sucker for a bear with a story, and when steiff made the first replica, I thought I might like him, but he looked too new really be Alfonzo. Then they came out with this guy...If I had money to buy a bear right now today. Steiff Centenary Alfonzo would be it.

centenarya.jpg

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

OMG The list would go on for days!
I think it would be absolutly wonderful to have at least one bear/dog/critter from every single Teddy talk artist!!! How's that for a wish list?

As far as making one--My dream projects are making my own two dogs. I so want to make my mutt Wookie as a pirate. He would then be Captain Wook. here is a picture I took of him as a pirate pup.
wookiepiratejpeg.jpg
Beth

Goldelocs Bears Goldelocs Bears
Brisbane

My dream creation for this year is a realistic style American Black Bear. But to add to my collection I would love any of the following...
  *One of Judi's Big cats
  * A Kelly Dean Bear
  *A Thimblebeary Bear
  * And a Rabbit by Mary Wimberly

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

There are many bears on here that I would love to have since they are all so beautiful and well crafted. But as we know there is always that one bear that "speaks to you" every time you see it. It's not to say the others aren't gorgeous, but there is the one bear that calls to you...

Boot Button Bear- reminds me of the bears I saw and wanted as a child. I love love love these bears.

Would also love to have...
Humble Crumble-drool, every last one of them.
LoraBears- by Lora Soling, gorgeous. http://www.lorabears.com/
Steiff...someday.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

These dream bears are certainly inspirational!  I'm even finding artists' listed who are new to me, so it's fun to take a peek at their work ... you guys have great taste!

Tami, isn't that Alfonzo wonderful?!  I love the notion of a bear with a story, it's so romantic!  Beth, if ever you make Cap'n Wookie you must share him here with us ... such a handsome dog must surely provide the impetus for a fabulous creation! bear_thumb

ursaminor Posts: 52

Oh boy.

I'd loooooove to own a big Steiff bear, myself, one you can really hug. Like a 15-18" bear. The small ones are adorable though, so maybe one of those! There's some Steiff bears lined up at FAO Shwartz I'd die to have.

I'd also love to own a Kelly Dean Trashcan Ted (they're my favorites - in particular Tina Ballerina, she's faaaabulous and her story is SUPER sweet), and I'd also loooove to adopt a Bootbutton Bear.

As for making a dream bear, I'm on my way to making one. Unfortunately the intention was to sell it. ....which may not happen. I get too attached to the bears I make! Anyone else have that problem? XD

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

At the moment I would love:
A Bear By Kim
A Dusty Attic Bear - moon cat
A Bear Treasures bear - I fell in love with Tia
One of Terries bears
Another Beatrix Bear, I saw a really cute panda in a bear shop in Leeds.
A mohair Charlie Bear
Someone to make me a kitty (as if I didn't have enough real ones!)

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I don't collect bears but always loved Paddington. When I was pregnant I saw one of the Gabrielle ones while on holiday. I'd wanted one when I was little, but they were too expensive then. So I treated myself, excuse, 'for the baby'. Now I'd love to get a little flock, plastic one that was out in the late 70's. Again something I always wanted, never had. Not expensive but.....I'll keep looking on ebay.

As to making the dream bear. It would be, daft as it seems, a bear so special, I'd keep it! It would have to be very, very special as I don't collect them. Does that make sense?

Kent
Website

bear_tongue I get the distinct feeling there may be a collector lurking within, Amanda!

K Pawz Guest

I am happy to say that irecieved my dream creation just before Christmas...all be it secondhand, but I bought a Kelly Dean wild gosling.... There are many more artists that I collect and plan to collect, but I don't want to hurt any feelings in listing them
Hugs
Krista

Kent
Website

What a super Christmas gift Krista, you must be thrilled! 

As for hurt feelings, I really don't think that is likely to happen because everyone has such diverse tastes ... I certainly wouldn't be offended by anyone preferring another artists' work, the diversity of talent is part of the beauty of the bear industry  ... I find it fascinating to discover what people enjoy the most and must say, it's been a pleasure to hearing of artists' work I have yet to discover for myself. bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

My dream would be to first win the lottery then collect one bear or animal form every artist I know....and build an addition on my house to keep them all. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

For creating my dream bear....this year.  I told myself to stop dreaming about and just do it.    bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

Oh don't get me wrong Paula, I totally agree with you regarding diverse tastes. Where I don't want to cause hurt feelings is that there are many artists creating similar things, some well know, and some just up and coming. I wouldn't want to single one out and cause another to think why theirs and not mine.

So for that reason alone I don't want to list, it would need to be a mile long and I worry I would miss someone

Hugs
Krista

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh gosh, artists bears...way too many to mention lol, but retail I would love a R John Wright but affording one is another story and a nice Steiff bear mainly coz I love the story how Margarete started the company so long ago, she was a woman and she was in a wheelchair with Polio in the early 1900's, a great inspiration for everyone....and Tami me too, I looove the Alfonso story, I'm half russian and am sure I was a princess in a former life lol  Isn't he a darling bear  :love:
edited to add, I'm with you Judi, I'd build an extra house to hold all the bears and collectables "toys" I want lol

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

one of my dream bears arrived in the post today - A Jellybelly Bear! Sarah I love her!  I also have a dream of making some really cute, cuddly polar cubs out of a wonderful white Loubear mohair with a black weft. Ahh Dreams where would we be without them?

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww Clare!  you're so sweet  :hug:

Board footer