Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Hi all,

I finished another Teddy  bear_grin

I would like to say i designed him myself, and i fully intended to  bear_innocent  but after spending an hour trying to re-design a head, i realised that it had ended up virtually like the pattern i was looking at - even size wise bear_rolleyes  So I gave up and just used the pattern. You might recognise it! It's from Nancy Tillberg's 101 bears to make book and is a realistic bear with teddy arms.  bear_wub

He's quite a big lad, and I found him quite a challenge, it's the first time i've worked with a Synthetic fur, and especially a fur so long - it goes everywhere!!!

He's cotter jointed and is the first double jointed neck i've tried to do and am quite pleased with my progress. he's heavy poly-fill stuffed with steel shot. I tried to pull his toes and i did better than last time, but still need some practice!

He's needle sculpted, which i found really difficult with such long fur and has a real leather nose (again the first time i've tried this!) and extensively sicssor sulpted. I'm not sure he's very even but i like the result.

He's a Wolverine :-) and is a valentine's day present for my boyfriend who is working on a Hugh Jackman Wolverine costume so I made a Wolverine and sculpted the sideburns into the bear.  :crackup:  I have got a build-a-bear version of Wolverine's cotume (jeans and vest) for him, but i prefer my bears nearly naked for some reason.

I have to admit, i'm very proud of his face - i don't really want to give him away.  bear_wub

So here he is!

P1210165.jpg
P1210166.jpg

Hope you like him! Next time, i really will design it myself.

Ginie-Lee Hug A Bye Bears

Hi Jaina,  I'm sure your boyfriend will love him!
Was it difficult to make his nose ? I've never tried this technique before .

Hugs Ginie-Lee x

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

it's dead easy  bear_grin  the only problem was i lost my leather needle and used a sail one instead. must buy another..... :crackup:

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

I love his face, too! Great job and thanks for sharing. Sometimes the bears we love are the hardest to give away... that makes them the most special of gifts. Hugs to you, Vicki

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

He's A gReat one. I do love the nose too
!!

Board footer