Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

smallccdolly3.jpgsmallccdolly2.jpgHi everyone,

I have just completed an online cloth & clay dollmaking workshop through Gritty Arts Studio, I thought I would show off my efforts:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well done Catherine,  she looks wonderful.  Keep up the great work.

big hugs

Shane

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oooh, how exciting!  I'm really into cloth dolls at the moment ... you've done a fabulous job with yours!  Thank you for sharing the workshop with us ... I may well sign up!

Update:  Couldn't resist it, have signed up - thank you for pointing me in this exciting direction! :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!  I saw that workshop and love that girl; her videos are too cool.  Might take that class myself, actually. 

You've made a wonderful, wonderful doll; I really love it.  So pretty.  Thanks for sharing it!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Your doll is lovely Catherine ~ has that antique look.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Wonderful job.  I've always wanted to try making one. 

Peggy

Melbourne, Australia

Thanks so much everyone for your comments bear_original  I'm so glad I've inspired you to join up Paula, can't wait to see how your doll turns out bear_original  Shelli and Peggy, you really should give it a go too - it's a lot of fun.  My doll turned out different to what I envisaged, but it was my first time sculpting with paperclay.  I've learnt so much through the workshop I can't wait to get started on another dolly.

Kent
Website

Catherine, I'm really looking forward to this class ... I have never made a dolly before (apart from knitted dolls that is!) and I have no idea what I can and can't manage, so this will be a big learning curve for me.  The ladies at Gritty Arts Studio have been so welcoming (I signed up for the Cloth Doll Artistry too - such friendly people!) and completely encouraging ... I confessed to being a total novice and no-one seems to mind a jot. 

Now I just need to buy some more materials and some speakers for my computer (doh ... why didn't I think of that sooner?! :doh: ) and an apron ... yep, I think it's likely I'll be a very messy worker! bear_tongue  I'm planning on setting next week (after my show) aside as a 'dolly week' ... time for Paula to put the bears aisde and play! :dance:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Where is this class Paula, I would love to take it  bear_original

Melbourne, Australia

That's great Paula!  I'm sure you will have a lot of fun and will learn heaps.  I'm a member of Cloth Doll Artistry as well, it's a really active and friendly group.

Tami, here's the link to the workshop:  http://clothclaydolls.ning.com/  I hope you can join too!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Ok great, thanks for the link, I will check it out, sounds fun to me!

Kent
Website

Great to see you there Tami!  I'm hoping to start work on my doll next week after my show ... heaven only knows what the poor creature will look like ... this is completely new to me and I'm the least artistic person on the planet when it comes to messy stuff!!!!

Southern Bears Southern Bears

The dollies are fabulous but please Paula - don't put the bears aside! bear_cry

Kent
Website

Don't worry, there's no chance of that happening!  It's lovely to have a hobby again though, I've missed that since the bears became a business.  I just finished my first doll and I'm well aware of my limitations ... I'm very clumsy and have HEAPS to learn!!! :crackup:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Paula, your first doll is wonderful, hubby has been on vacation the last week so I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind, still have 2 bear orders to fill before I can pick my doll back up.  bear_ermm

Kent
Website

Tami, you are being waaaaayyyy too kind! :hug:   I think there's a long way to go before I'll be able to give up my day job! :crackup:  I do like Helga though ... we're two of a kind really, you know, middle aged, a little 'prickly' from time to time ... that kind of thing! bear_tongue

Board footer