Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I'm sure most of you know Cathy Forcino.
Cathy has been making Teddies for over 10 years now. Sewing most of them on these beauties!! I have 3 of her machines and have just added 2 more to my collection. You won't find a better deal nor a machine that has been lovingly restored as the ones Cathy has owned!! I find them a lot like potato chips. You can't have just one! Or like a Teddy Bear! Do you know anyone that owns just one Teddy? Not me!  :redface:
But seriously take a look at these. You won't be disappointed.  bear_wub I promise.  :pray:

http://www.cathylynnforcino.com/sewing%20machines.html

Cathy Forcino Apollo Beach, Florida
Website

IMG_6782a.jpg

Thank you Cyndee!  I'm so delighted that you love your Featherweights.  I love it when a bear person gets one of my machines.  I only allow nice people that promise to give my sewing machines a good home to have one  :crackup: So, anyone who might be interested, check out my site and click on the Sewing Machines link.  Hubby wants some of them gone.  Pooh!!!
www.CathyLynnForcino.com

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I checked them out and they are beyond stupendous . . . just too breathtaking for words.  You have kept them in such terrific condition, Cathy, and they are stunning!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Website

baylee2.jpg

Thank you Sue Ann.  They are all my little treasures and I cared for them like I do my pup!   And you see how I care for my pup!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Baylee is gorgeous, too!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

HMMMMM  I wish my little dog looked like that  bear_grin ,  she the biggest Tom Boy you ever saw.  She would never let us keep her fur that long.

Cathy all of the machines are fantastic, we have never worked on one before but everyone keeps telling us that we should get one as they are the best for sewing bears on.

big hugs

Shane

Website

Ha ha.  Don't feel bad, Shane.  She looks that good twice a day.  For the 5 minutes AFTER I've combed her out!  Tee hee.  This is my 4th Maltese and my first tom boy.  All the others were little prissy butts that just wanted to adorn silk pillows.  Um, not this one.  She runs with me while I roller blade, rides with her head out the window, well, you know.  REAL dog stuff.

You may want to avoid getting a Featherweight. I promise it won't be your last one and you'll be addicted.   :crackup:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

They are beautiful sewing machines and like one my Mum had when I first learned to sew.
It was a wonderful machine and was even better than the new Grand machine my Mum purchased new.

Baylee is adorable  bear_wub

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Website

Oh, Carolyn I know!  I had one of those fancy ones with all the cams.  It sewed ok I guess, but it did need fussing with the tension and such.  Once I got my first Featherweight, the Cam Queen went to Good will  :crackup:   One of my dear friends has her mother's Featherweight and it's her very dearest possession.

Website

Hi all,

I've had several lovely ladies contact me after finding me on here.  Do mention that you're a fellow bear artist.  I always show favoritism to bear artists and am happy to work with them.  Hey, they have a soft spot  :hug:

Murrieta, California

Thanks Cathy for such a GREAT deal! :)
And thanks again for shipping my 2 beauties out so quickly. I know they were packed to the 9's and will arrive in great condition!  bear_wub
I'm soooooo excited!!! :clap:
I'll let you know when they get here. bear_grin

Website

You're welcome!  I'm so pleased I posted my Featherweights here first.  I've already placed 3 of them to fellow artists and I can't think of a better new home for them!  I also placed one with a quilter and she's equally delighted, so I'm making room and making friends all at the same time.  Thanks again for suggesting Teddy Talk!  The best people lurk here  :hug:

http://www.cathylynnforcino.com/sewing%20machines.html

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Those are some great old machines!

They were made back when things were built to last!  No plastic gears inside those!
Those things will sew just about anything and if taken care of will sew rings around most modern machines for years to come!

Now, this is a little bit off the path of this topic but if you want the ultimate machine for sewing fur you should look into a Bonis fur machine.

http://www.bonisparts.com/index.htm

These are the machines that professional furriers use to make fur coats.
They look like iron beasts but they will sew perfect seams in fur every time.  Different models can have little attachments like a little metal blade that push the fur out of the seam so you don't get "bunched up" stiches.  Other ones have little air jets to blow the fur back so you can always see where you are sewing.

Most of these machines are designed for sewing real fur but they do make models specifically designed for sewing faux fur.
http://www.bonisparts.com/bt-11.html

They even make ones that are designed for closing stuffed toys.
http://www.bonisparts.com/tc-57.html

If you want to see a video of one in action, check out this link to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nvy3w-AP00

Here's a very detailed description of how these machines work...  if you speak German.  bear_happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbkhBpRRLhk&NR=1

Now, these are the kinds of machines that are used in factories.  They are probably too expensive for somebody who sews at home.
But, if you study sewing machines seriously, you should at least know about the Bonis machine.
I bet some of you already know about this kind of industrial machine!  bear_happy

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Hmmm.  I have a Featherweight.  I will have to get it out and sew!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Here's a story for you.  My husband was at the dump last year and after off loading some rubbish, he saw a black box that had just been dumped.  Out of curiosity, he went over and had a look at it as it looked so new.  He unclipped the lid and saw it was a sewing machine.  Not knowing anything about them, he brought it home to ask me if it was any good keeping it.

Well, this little bear lady nearly went crazy.  It was a wonderful old Featherweight, in absolutely perfect condition.  Not only am I thrilled to finally own one, I am delighted that we saved it from being crushed at the dump.  Someone must have thrown it out not realising that there are people in the world who treasure them.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Well what a lucky find Christine  bear_flower you must have been thrilled.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Website

:clap:

Yay Christine!  You rescued an absolute treasure.  Oh, what good fortune to come across a dear Featherweight and save it from such a terrible fate.  That's a wonderful story!

Murrieta, California

My GOODNESS! Christine !, lucky you! What a great story and a great husband!  bear_wub

Board footer