Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Could some of our American friends please help me with this question as I have no idea about your school vacations times etc.

Could you let me know your opinion on when would be the quietest time to visit Universal Studios in Los Angeles.  I don't mind if the weather isn't perfect, I am just after the times you believe would be the quietest, e.g. not when your children are on vacation.

Any advice to this little Aussie would be very much appreciated.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Christine, I don't think there is a quiet time to visit.  Kids are out of school mainly in the summer months but there are year around schools here too which gives kids off at different times of the year.  I would say not to come in our summer months because it is hotter and there are more people there then.  Have you tried to email Universal Studios too see what they say?  They should have a website.  I haven't been there for years but it is a fun place to visit.  Maybe some of the people who live closer to Los Angeles can answer you better.  I live about 4 hours away from there.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Christine, I agree, Universal is always busy.  But I'd say the fall would be the best time, September and October.  Even November.  The weather is usually good and kids are back at school.  It's a popular time for retired Americans to hit the road. 
  :hug:

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Christine the best time according to Universal Studios is May. Now with that being said they also say Christmas time is slow as well but they say it's hit and miss. One year they can be really busy during Christmas time then slow slow the next year but my friend who has worked there for 15 years says usually Chritmas time is slow. The weather can be unpredictable and many don't want to spend the extra money during the holiday.
Hope this helps.
Have fun!!Take lots of pictures. bear_original

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well I came from Florida where Disney and Universal is also present. The best time to go is in early May or mid September. The reason is because most parents will not pull their children from school when it is so close to the end of the school term or beginning of the school term. In Florida, they gave discounts to visit during the month of May and September to get business. Mike and I go during these times and find hardly any waiting time in lines for the rides. So it is less crowed. So I hope this helps.

Michelle

Adelaide
Website

Thanks so much for your great advice girls, it has really helped.   You are treasures.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Christine,
While, I've never been to Universal Studios, we took a Southern California trip a few years back.  We went in Mid-September.  We hit Sea World, Disneyland, etc.  The lines were very small and it was quite enjoyable.  At the time, I was home schooling my children so we could go whenever we wanted.  We waited until most US schools were back in session.  We figured most parents wouldn't take their kids out of school a week after school started to go to Disneyland.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time.  I would avoid the end of May when weather is still nice and many US schools are out for summer break and I would avoid March & April during spring breaks.

Hugs!
Alison

Adelaide
Website

Thanks so much Alison.  It is so hard when you are so far away trying to work out another countries routines and school holidays.  Your information is a great help.   :hug:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I agree with Alison.  In Arizona which is right next to California kids are out of school May 24.  It is already burning hot here and people are ready to get out of town.
Joanne

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Christine. I went there on may10 2years ago and it was perfect because there where not too many people.

Board footer