Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

Jan 2009? yeah!!! ill send my image here before the chinese new year  bear_grin because will be away for 1 week vacation in the Philippines... wow.. guess im going to be busy with this... incorporate care bears? i love the sound of that!

Chloe, who is your favorite? mine is hugs & tags (did i spell it right?) those two are so adorable and gets in trouble heheh...  :hug:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

OOOHHHHH this sound very interesting!  (those of you who watched Laugh In can insert the accent here!)

Mine is a mouse named Frightful......he has big eyes and ears big enough to cover them so I called him Frightful because he look like he's always afraid!

I think I'd like to give this challenge a try too!

AndreaM bear_original

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

They were the twins, right? Pink and Blue?  All I remember are those two and the lion- he was pretty cool bear_original  Maybe I should try them too!

Andrea, I love the sound of your mouse- I wish I had his ears sometimes!  Lol, you should try something with magnets to hold his ears shut across your new mouse's body!

How's everyone doing with their challenge pieces?  I see by Paula's blog that hers will be revealed soon- sadly I am behind a bit as I've only just found the right mohair for my Popples recreation bear_tongue

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

iv found two old popples recently, we must have btoh grown up in the popple era, i thought they were fabulous at the time... my kids play with them now!!!
my old teddy wouldnt inspire much at all bless him, he looks like he's fallen out of the ugly tree and landed on his face!
i used to sleep on him so his face is all squished, i still have him though, love him to bits but i dont think anyone one else would see the appeal.
if we have until jan, think ill join u and give it a go x

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
kim wrote:

my old teddy wouldnt inspire much at all bless him, he looks like he's fallen out of the ugly tree and landed on his face!
i used to sleep on him so his face is all squished, i still have him though, love him to bits but i dont think anyone one else would see the appeal.
x

Fallen out of the ugly tree and landed on his face :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I suppose if I look at my childhood bear with my critical artist eyes I'd have to admit mine fits that bill too! I still see him the child Tami though, blinded by love bear_wub I hadn't thought of it before but my new "Teddy Buba" will probably be the kind of bear only his mother will love, too.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Aww, Kim- that's a sign of love!  My sister had a cuddly dog called Franny, and she's more of a dog pancake now XD Happily I think my Popples was always a bit flat, so you can't really tell :)

My mohair arrived, and it's perfect!  I can't wait to get started!

Taiwan Angel Love Bear Forever

I wish I could joint this challenge but I do not have any childhood teddy or stuff toy with me anymore.
So I can only come and visit and see your guys creation.
looking forward  bear_original

Rina & furfriends Colorado City, AZ

I have a velvety glass teddy bear bank that I have had since I was four and I always thought it would be fun to make a stuffed teddy like it.  Would making a stuffed version of my loved bear bank qualify for the challenge?  It is a very cute bear and I stilll keep all my change in it.

Those of you who have flat bears I think they will be just fine to do, my little boy likes to use his new rabbit (the one in my avatar) as a pillow and I am always unflatening it. bear_grin

Elsie

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Elsie and Taiwan Angel- anything dear to you and especially reminiscent of your childhood is ok by me  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I got started on the head of my new bear- it's coming together better than I thought it would!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Yey Ellen!  That is a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure you'll figure something out for them!  I think the end of January will be fine- makes it easier for me too as I'll be able to sew before term starts and the Literature Review deadline begins to loom  bear_wacko

Milford Ohio
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

I am glad at least one of us is sure I'll figure something out bear_tongue  What have I done to myself bear_rolleyes ? bear_laugh

The end of January would be better for me too, so that's great!

Hugs
Ellen

P.S. Hey....I just spotted those feet and hands....They sure remind me of my raccoon hands and feet...Well, that's weird... :)

Hmmmm. Monchichi makes me think....needle felted face!!!  bear_smile You are right Ellen, the little hands and feet are like your raccoon hands and feet!

Milford Ohio

Ellen it is really fun, but if you want to felt firmly which I like to do it takes a lot of time. I made this guy for a class I tought for dollmakers. I call him a Furbaby Fox. I had planned to make some more, but I also want to sculpt dolls and make loads of bears and time just runs out. bear_wacko
IMG_2321.JPG

Oooh, Now I want to do a Monchichi type guy!

Nimbly Bears Nimbly Bears
The Great Bear Rainforest
Website

Hmm...this sounds to be an interesting challenge.  I had a big ear complex as a girl and related to Dumbo, a Basset pull toy and Jerry the mouse from Tom and Jerry.  Don't know what I can come up with.  May check in with my partner to see what he toted around.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Oh Ellen you took me back to my childhood with your second picture  bear_wub  I use to have one of those but it was called here in the UK chickaboos, they used to stick their thumb in their mouths, so cute!!!!  I haven't seen one for over thirty years - can't wait to see what you do  bear_thumb

Hugs Ali x

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Had to have a peak at the other pictures  bear_grin  yes it was around the mid 1970s because I would have been about 5 when I had mine. I'm sure your creation will be just as cute as the real thing (if not better  bear_tongue )

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

just love the image of a sloth holding a popple LOL !
this looks fun
i wonder if i can do one?

mingrul Our Blue Iguana
Gantaeno wrote:

They were the twins, right? Pink and Blue?  All I remember are those two and the lion- he was pretty cool bear_original  Maybe I should try them too!

hi chloe, sorry for my late reply... keep forgetting where i last post! hahah... yes its the twins name hugs & tugs (im not sure if that is how they are spelled).. and the lion? his called braveheart Lion hehehe.. actually i got all there names memorized :redface:  bear_grin

ill be doing that next week.. cant wait...

hugs

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
mingrul wrote:
Gantaeno wrote:

hi chloe, sorry for my late reply... keep forgetting where i last post! hahah... yes its the twins name hugs & tugs (im not sure if that is how they are spelled).. and the lion? his called braveheart Lion hehehe.. actually i got all there names memorized :redface:  bear_grin

ill be doing that next week.. cant wait...

hugs

Me too bear_tongue  I get back to my sewing machine on January the 7th, then there's a few weeks before I'm back in my hectic degree schedule- I plan on using them wisely!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hi Everyone, just wanted to remind you all of the upcoming deadline for entries bear_original  I'm slowly working on mine, but leaving half my tools AND the original Popples I'm working from at home is not helping!  Is anyone else close to finishing?

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Nope..... Between December being maddness, (holiday, wedding, sorting house and tenants) getting back here mid January and now moving I have 2 arms made...... Ok so the fingers look pretty good. But the rest is in bits in a zip lock bag. Will finish in my new work room in my new house. And this was such a fun challange, sorry Chloe

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
Carolynn wrote:

Nope..... Between December being maddness, (holiday, wedding, sorting house and tenants) getting back here mid January and now moving I have 2 arms made...... Ok so the fingers look pretty good. But the rest is in bits in a zip lock bag. Will finish in my new work room in my new house. And this was such a fun challange, sorry Chloe

That's ok Carolynn bear_original I can hardly scold you: i had so much planned for this and then I remembered I was a finalist... and then my LECTURERS remembered i was a finalist  bear_innocent

I finished sewing my bear last night, and I'm hoping to have him jointed together tonight and ready tomorrow bear_laugh  Just in time bear_happy

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Well, as today is he last official day I thiuoght I'd show you all what I've managed to do: very WIP I'm afraid!

STH71471-1.jpg

I'm hoping to carry on with her, but I had an issue with the body... I think I may have accidentally made the head from a bigger version of the pattern, so it's a bit out of proportion: I've not jointed her in this photo, just stuck her cotter pins in and stuffed a bit around them..  Still got ears and tail to do as well as sleeves and finishing the nose.  I chickened out on a lot of the brigh colours in Popples too: what a wimp!

I'll update more when she's done bear_original Sorry for my uselessness in the face of Uni work...

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

oops... i totally forgot this thing! :doh: I will try to create one and post it here.. sorry guys :redface:  :redface:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
mingrul wrote:

oops... i totally forgot this thing! :doh: I will try to create one and post it here.. sorry guys :redface:  :redface:

Don't worry, I think the Christmas period was a bad time for the challenge in general: including me!  I'd love to see what you can come up with though?

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

bear_grin actually Christmas or winter season I was hybernating with my bears :redface: It just feel so good sleeping... ah... those were the days! bear_grin  But that season is over so im picking up where I left off...

I love your bear.the clown looks so good. wow.... oh... I hope this one will turn out great as well... Need to search for hugs/tugs image... bear_grin

will keep you posted...

Board footer