Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

K Pawz Guest

Hi Everyone, I have been working on an a critter that I want to donate partial proceeds to help in Australia in some way....after much searching and fears of having my auction pulled on eBay i have finally found a charity registered with eBay that is helping in Australia....here is the link to it, what do you guys think of this one? I was kind of hoping to find something that would go directly to help the families or the animals but this is the best I could find to do it "legally" on eBay! It is the Australian bushfire forest recovery.

Apparently as well any non profit society can register with eBay, so if you know of anyone doing rescue or charity work and they are non profit have them join the eBay Giving Works, then we can select them in our auctions.

http://donations.ebay.com/charity/chari … P_ID=30142

Hugs,
Krista

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

Hi Krista, Thats really kind of you and for such a great cause, my big brother and nephew live in Oz, in Brisbane though. If you know any charities supporting all the people affected you can email the charity and invite them to join the list of ebay charities, although the one you've chosen is a great cause too. I've done a few WSPA charity auctions on ebay, it seems good but they do take their time passing the money over to the charity. Good luck with the auction, although i'm sure u wont need it! i may have a bid myself  bear_thumb

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

If only I had done this with my auction for the bush fire relief....lovely act of kindness Krista..

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Big hugs to you Krista, that is wonderful of you.  :hug:  :hug:

K Pawz Guest

Thank you!!!!
I am just working on the auction now, so should have him up later today!

Hopefully the link helps anyone else looking to do this, but please if you know of any others post them!

Hugs
Krista

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Krista,

Firstly may I say it is very kind of you to want to contribute but in regard to this chosen charity (which is not well known in Australia) that although we need the bush to eventually regenerate to a degree, we don't want it back to what it was prior to the fires......many of these tree planting greenies were actually the cause of our fires and I personally would not contribute to any of their funds, they have a political agenda and don't actually care what  happens to the animals or people living in the bush....

I have made a contribution to the wildlife rescue people who are trying to save the lives of our poor creatures that were burnt and maimed because of the lack of care and management of our forests due to these overzealous tree hugging fanatics...unfortunately due to their outrageous environmental views, most of the animals that were living throughout the 1/2 million acres or more that has been burnt, are now dead.  These people have shown no  prior concern for any creatures living in the bush, when they repeatedly refused to let our firefighters go in and do seasonal backburning & hazard reduction to keep the fuel on the ground to a mimimum,  and in some areas of Victoria it is even illegal to pick up sticks because you could affect the environment of an insect...give me a break!...so when the preservation of trees & bugs rank higher than we do, something is obviously very wrong...... 210 people, (many still not accounted for) & millions of native wildlife and agricultural stock have suffered an unimaginable terrifying & painful death and all they can think about is that they want to start planting more trees.......

I live in a bushfire area and this happened here 8 years ago, the local bushfire brigade fought constantly for the right to keep this fuel off the forest floor but the government because of greenie political  pressure wouldn't & still won't listen & peoples lives and homes were lost and all the animals were burnt to death and so it goes on every year during the fire season, they just don't learn and so we can expect more of these fires and deaths in the future.

Sorry, I don't want to be a nark,  but this is a really sore point in Australia at the moment...Nonetheless it is just my personal opinion, and I know many won't agree but after nearly losing my home & horses during one of these fires, it was very close to my heart &  I felt I needed to get it off my chest.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

your a 100% right Denise

chris009av Real Deal Bears

As I am living in a fire affected area, with people dead in the road behind mine, I hope I can add my comment without anyone being affended.
Please remember people in country Victoria have been living on edge and nerves have been stretched to the limit, for this reason we will be rather sesitive to others reactions.  Yes there are bogus charities and it's hartbreaking knowing people have lost everything, and I mean everything, loved ones, home, everything, and there are scumbags out there trying to profit from it.
For this reason I have let my mailing list know that if they would like to donate to the bushfire appeal, please do it directly, don't give these scumbags a chance.  Sorry for the strong language, but I hope you can see where I am coming from.  I can find no other name suitable for People who profit from this terrible disaster

Denise is so right in saying that if the fuel load had been delt with by controlled burns this disaster might have been averted, or at least reduced.
Well done Denise for putting it so well.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

K Pawz Guest

Sorry guys, but it would have been really nice to know all this a couple weeks ago when we were trying to figure out on here where to donate and how to go about doing it....all i can say is it is too late now....my auction has started, and there is no way to stop it now without these people getting money.

I did research it and to me they sounded legit, none of what you guys are saying was ever published for us here in Canada, so I apologize for my ignorance!!

Try to do something nice, and it ends up not being nice at all,  I guess from now on I will stick to donating to animals that I have seen suffering with my own eyes here in Canada.

Krista

Just want to add that I have yet to see anyone show us where those of us that want to donate can do it, so please if you know of a legit place we can donate please post it!! There are so many when you search that I wouldn't know, "obviously" which one was the "right" one.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Krista, I am sure your heart was in the right place, and who knows it may be all ligit and above board.
Maybe after the Royal Commission there will be regulations to have controlled burn back.
It is after all the Governments jog to control these groups.
It would have saved allot of Koala's in our area as well as lives if they did.

I think if in doubt always look at the red cross, they do fantastic work around the world, and have a separate Bushfire appeal.
http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services … l-2009.htm

One of the things that has been so heartwarming is the hand of friendship that has been stretched across the world, and it is all helping to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Krista, sorry I didn't know anything about your kind offer of help prior to reading this post....and please don't think we aren't grateful for your generous offer...but as Christine mentioned we are still a bit raw at the moment, we have had fires before but never to this degree and it has affected all of us terribly.

This is the charity that I have donated to,  http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/giving/a … ealId=1115  I just felt that those poor animals needed the help, and I feel most people have donated to the Red Cross and other such agencies, which will ultimately help out all those poor people who are suffering loss of loved ones and their homes, but quite often all the little creatures are forgotten when a tragedy like this occurs, so perhaps  you may consider helping the animal rescue service.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I really don't see how you can load all this onto the Green movement, after all they are less than 10% of the vote, so how can they possibly have that much influence on Government policy? It's just easy for you to use them as a convenient target for an unfortunate set of circumstances that resulted in this awful tragedy. Australia has always had such events, I don't recall there being a "lunatic" green movement in 1967 when Tasmania had it's tragic fires in Hobart, so who do you blame for that one? And yes I live in a bushfire prone area, it's up to us to build appropriate housing if we want to live in these areas, and educate ourselves for when the fires inevitably come. By the way there have been many wild fires started in Tasmania from Forestry's so called hazard reduction burns!

Densteds Densteds
Website

......Ever heard of preference votes, that's why the greens have so much power!

So we build houses to suit if we live in these areas...we might not lose our house but the animals still lose their lives...

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

What total rubbish, it's up to the individual to direct where his/her preferences go, it only goes to the parties' preference if you can't be bothered to number every box!
Perhaps, if the world had listened to what the "greeenies" were saying 30 years ago, then maybe Victoria wouldn't have got so dry, because climate change may have not got as far as it has!
You can't tell me that less than 10% of the vote can make any impact on Government policies, it only takes the two major parties to put their political agendas aside and vote together; for anything put forth by the Greens to be defeated! Don't blame the Greeens for the fires, they were going to happen anyway, it's the nature of the Australian bush which depends on these big burns for it's very existence.

Densteds Densteds
Website

I often wonder why there isn't a green to be seen when these fires are burning!
I think you should get your head out of the sand and read the scientific facts that us mere mortals are not capable of changing the climate, I believe the sun is in charge there!

By the way how is Bob Brown?

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Like I said, if something had been done 30 years ago, then maybe there may have been a chance for the world, but I fear it's too little, too late! I haven't got my head in the sand, but John Howard certainly was guilty of that! He only jumped on the band wagon, when he realised that his attitude was losing him the election! Talk about a political agenda.

Board footer