Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I am going to be making a bear in the likeness of John Wayne and need to locate a rifle to go with him. The bear will be around 18 inches in height so need one that will suit this size I have looked on e-bay but was not able to find what I was looking for. Any ideas????
Hugs
Gail

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Gail , does it have to be rifle? what about hand guns with the belt. Not sure if they would be easy to find either LOL, I'll have a look around the internet and see what I can find and let you know .

hugs

Shane

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Gail,  I had a quick look around.  There are toy rifles you can get but most around 28-30".  I did manage to find a small pistol with a holster on cr crafts the gun is about 3" long so may not be big enough.  Here's the link if you want to have a look

http://www.crscraft.com/products/vProdu … ies&class=

Here is a toy rifle I found it was the smallest one I could find at 21" not greatly detailed but again may do the trick.

http://www.cowtowncowboy.com/Prod-40-1- … Popgun.htm

hugs

Shane

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi,
There is an exhibitor at the Nevada City show that has all kinds of props and accessories for our bears.  I think the business name is All My Children or something like that.  I will see if Connie can get you contact information for them.   I'm thinking 10-12" for the rifle, is that right?  Somebody here in the states did a John Wayne bear years ago.  That bear had a holster and guns if I remember correctly.
Donna

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Gail,
Marx toy company made a lot of smaller, toy firearms.  I made a minuteman bear years and years ago and used their Kentucky Rifle.  Go to eBay and search for Marx Rifle.  Plenty come up.  I think it would be easier to scale your bear to the rifle that you find.  Please post a pic when you have The Duke finished. 

Hugs,
Alison

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Do you know anybody who can carve one out of wood for you?

You could get one made to the exact specs you need if you had it carved.

Website

Thanks for all your suggestions. I already have the gun and holster but the Duke also carried a rifle in most pictures. The bear has to be at least 18" so my thinking is a rifle around 7 inches or more would suit?
Donna if you could get me the information from Connie, that would be great
Hugs
Gail

Website

Just thought I would let all of you know that I have found a rifle. I asked the doll group I belong to for help also and one of the members gave me this site-www.mychildren.biz. If you ever need anything for your dolls or bears check the site out. Thanks to all of you for your input
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer