Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

or cry happy tears! bear_happy   I cried...couldn't help it. bear_cry  bear_wub   That's my sister (also crying) on the news video, with her boyfriend John popping the question in a big surprise way.  Have a look: http://www.kcci.com/video/19018352/index.html?taf=des 

This happened night before last, and we all got to watch it on the news later that night.  John had a surprise planned for Laurie that day.  All he told her was to be sure she was wearing clean underwear! bear_shocked  :crackup: Turns out, she needed those because they had side by side professional massages to start off (we were wondering....thank goodness that's what it was bear_happy ), then it was a romantic dinner, then a drive in the limo that had picked them up in the beginning, and off to Gray's Lake, where they went for a romantic walk through the park and across the foot bridge.  There was the big surprise....a violinist from the Des Moines Symphony playing and John dropping to one knee while the news camera was rolling! :dance: I am so happy for my sister.....what a great guy she's got! bear_thumb   I don't know how John could possibly top this one, though he says he certainly will. :clap:  :clap:  Unfortunately, John has to go back to Iraq tomorrow (the news gal had it wrong....he's already been home on leave the last two weeks).  Good news though that he is supposed to be home for good in May or June;  this is new, as originally his homecoming wasn't to be until September or later.  The wedding is planned for November.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub How wonderful for your sister, such a romantic thing for the guy to do.
She will remember that always.  I got teary eyed also.  Ah sweet love.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Tracy,

I wish them both the luck in the world. :hug:
May/June will come quick enough so they can be together, forever. bear_grin

love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Thanks girls! bear_wub  bear_wub I am wishing for May/June to come quickly also.  I know it's going to be so hard on them to be separated again so soon.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Sooooooooooooo sweet!!

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I would like to wish them the same luck I've found 31 years ago with my "best husband in all over the world" - Love and peace to all of you and may your Love last a whole life and more ........  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh that was so romantic. I wish my husband was romantic, but no luck there. He didn't even ask me to marry him, he just book it all and said we're getting married on 1st September OK, and then he walked out of the door and went shopping at Tescos. No violin for me.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Awww how romantic  bear_wub  bear_wub I wish them all the luck in the world for their future together  bear_flower

Board footer