Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

audley Posts: 16

Does anyone have an easier way to stitch the gusset at the nose point and get it even.  I open up the seam on my miniature bears below the nose point and bring my needle up to the center of the gusset at the seam allowance on the gusset at the nose point and anchor it.  Somehow or other when I then try to stitch the gusset to the side head pieces on both sides, it doesn't always come out even.  Is there an easier way?  Audrey

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Have you tried anchoring it at the nose (like you already do, and anchoring at the  point where it bends up into the head next to the eyes? I always anchor nose, eye points and the back of the head.  bear_grin

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

When I sew miniatures I have the same problem until recently.  What I do now is mark the sewing line on the fabric and ensure that the needle always goes on the line.  I also start at the tip of the nose on one side and do a couple of stitches and then do a couple on the other side and keep going that way.  It is easier to thread two needles and use them alternately.  Hope this makes sense.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Julia wrote:  I always anchor nose, eye points and the back of the head.

I do what Julia wrote plus I anchor it at the top of the head too (widest point) just in case the gusset slips.

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

I sew the gusset from nose to neck firt on one side, then on the other side, then I close the chin seam.. does that make sence :doh:

Berta

Board footer