Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

hello all you fellow teddy bear makers.  bear_original
i am obsessed with cute things from teddy bears, to dogs and cats...to felt foods...the list goes on and on and on. That's why I hav a question to ask. how do you guys achieve the "cute" factor in yur bears? it doesn't hav to be cute to anyone else, just unique to what you make and yur tecnique. i know i make my bears cute with larger sized eyes and exaggerated body parts, such as the enlargement on the head. but im just a beginner, and i hav only been bear making for three months. so i would like to share and exchange ideas. what makes yur bear "cute" and unique to yourself? plese reply. this topic can get very interesting!
bye-bye for now! bear_happy  bear_grin

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

Hi Bearyfun, your bears are very cute, i wish my first bears were as lovely as yours. I think its like anything, the more you do, the more you learn. I dont know about other people, but for me, I really need to do things, not just read about them, i need to do it with my own hands, to learn things. One of the things i love about the bears is there seems no limit of things to learn. happy beary days xx  bear_flower  bear_original  bear_flower

off the paw: dont exaggerate! u know that yur bears are much better(and cuter) than mines bear_laugh (concerning neatness..skill..) and yes, i totally agree, it takes experience, and u need to learn. happy beary days right back!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

It sounds to me like you already know the answer to your question.  If large eyes, and head, and exaggerated body parts is cute to you they probably are to other people too.  So you make a bear with the things you like to see on a bear.  That is how you get the cute factor, and develop your own style.  If your style is a bear with a large head and eyes.  People will get to see that when you make bears, and start to recognize them as yours. 
When I look at your bears,  I see the ears are set low and the large eyes, maybe that is the beginning of your style.  I think your avatar bear is just adorable.

Joanne

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hello Bearyfun, I think beauty (or cuteness) is in the eye of the beholder and everyone that looks at a bear see's something different and sometimes that's what is meant by when a bear "talks to you". Like the others I say the more you do the better you will get and your own style will emerge and time is the only thing that will do that but the fun part is in finding it  bear_grin

Bear Hugs

Raewyn

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I agree with Raewyn---the fun part is finding it! I have been making bears and dogs for just a little over a year now. I don't know if I have a style yet but I am having lots of fun designing different bears, Experimenting with different techniques and always striving to make whatever I am currently working on better than the one before.
You have made a great start with your bear making. I love the pink fur on your avatar bear. Keep up the good work and most of all HAVE FUN!

Beth

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I think your bears are cute!!! I think you asking about how to distinguish your bears from others. Is it about making your bears unique to you? If so, I think you need to look at what is interesting to you like clowns, hats or antiques buttons or antique lace, fun color combinations, certain style of big ears. Get your ideas from fashion magazines and see what pops out at you. Think of Andy Warhol who made millions from painting soup cans and movie tickets......Take your inspiration from the world around you and incorporate them in your bears. It's like having a signature style to your bears....

thank u all! i think i hav found my answer! i will just try to find what's unique to me. bear_laugh i hav just made a new bear, so check the showcase section! (thx Joanne)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I understand your question though others missed the meaning completely which can be frustrating I know.
I give my babies wobbly heads and smiles. With their big heads and big eyes it  would be hard to miss their cuteness.  The comment I always get from my collectors is " He/ she is so much cuter in the fur than the photos suggested"
So for me its the posability of my little ones that give them the cute factor.
All the best with your bear making. Bearmaking is the only thing I have never given up on. Only became more passionate as the years roll by.
Wendy
( PS: do you have a name 'Bearyfun?)

Board footer