Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
S.Reetz Bears Kenosha Wisconsin

Hi!It's been sooo long since I posted but I have been peeking in on occasion to see all the new creations(beautiful as always bear_wub ).I have been consumed with blogging designing flickering and have recently joining twitter ,so I was wondering if anyone else has joined and maybe we could follow each other!I really didn't understand the concept of twitter at first but I know that it has been all the talk of how it such a popular site and a great way to promote so I said why not!It is fun  and I am still learning the ropes.Mine is https://twitter.com/SReetzBears  Well I'm off to change my avatar and will pop in a bit later!HugsxxxSharie

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shari,
     I'm not on yet, but I am thinking about it - I really don't like Facebook - it is too disjointed for me and I don't have time for all the games etc.  I barely have time to check my page once a day, so I'm wondering if Twitter will suit me better.  Do you like it?  I'm off to check you out.

hugs,

Brenda

Hi Brenda,I like it so far but as I said I'm still learning...just joined about 4 days ago lol.I do like to follow arts and crafts in general but you do have to be a bit choosey in who you follow as some just advertise thier newest items for sale and don't really chat much.~~~Sharie

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California
nandesign Posts: 361

Hi guys...I'm on Twitter and I love it! I am also on Facebook...I chime in about once or twice a week and I do chat with my sister in Ontario...I like them both for different reasons. I think you would like Twitter Brenda. A little more focused than Facebook.
My Twitter address is: http://twitter.com/tisdesignworks
Have a great day!
Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I've heard of it but don't really know what it is.  I have accounts on facebook and myspace for my store but still don't really know how to do them.

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I have been hearing a lot about Twitter. I guess I'm going to have to check it out.
FaceBook hasn't really worked for me. I too find it hard to keep up with all the games and whatnot.
Thanks for the tip.  bear_original

Hi Cyndee(and Herbie in your avatar!hehe)Yes,I know what you mean about facebook.I joined to be able to talk with some friends who invited me(wonder who...giggle)but I lost my password to log on,silly me!I also found facebook to be a bit complicating.Twitter does seem to be so easy to use and if you are not promoting your work such as bearmaking or arts and crafts ect,you can keep your updates private among yourself , friends and family.~~~~Sharie

Murrieta, California

Thanks Sharie,
I think I would like to show some of my over 300 bear collection on it.  bear_wub
I'm terrible at getting pictures to load but I think I'll give it a try anyway. Something I have always vowed I would not do unless absolutely necessary is sell off some of my bears. I'm afraid I'm going to have to start doing just that soon.  bear_cry
Since we are having to hold off on moving, we had hoped to move to Santa Barbara when my husband retires next year but with the economy and the loss of invested monies he is going to have to continue to work for a couble more years. With the lack of space I have had to box up many bears.  bear_sad
And what kind of life is that for a bear!! I swear at night I can hear some of them screaming to be let out of the boxes!!  :twisted:
It's breaking my heart.  bear_cry

Murrieta, California

Oh but don't worry Sharie!
Herbies favorite kitty is still sleeping with him every night!  bear_wub

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hey Nancy how come we can't see you?
You are protected or something?

Murrieta, California

I was wondering the same thing but figured it was just me. bear_original

I think Nancy has some prvacy settings on her account.  If you belong to twitter, you can send a request to Nancy, and once she accepts you, then you can see her account.  I've joined but want to load a background etc, before I actually start using it.

hugs,

Brenda

Murrieta, California

OMG!! You have to load a background!!
I think I'm in over my head! bear_rolleyes

Cindy,
     Don't panic - it's really easy.  I just loaded a page from my website, but I don't like it and will change it when I get home tomorrow. I'm at my daughter's overnight.  I believe you an just pick a background from the ones they offer, if you don't have one you like.  Once you have joined, just click on "settings" on the toolbar on the upper right.  Then click on "design" on the toolbar and you can pick one of their design backgrounds.
I really have to go to bed, but my page is www.twitter.com/duffyantiques

hugs,

Brenda

Southern California

I didn't load a background - I just chose one of their standard ones. 

Cyndee  - I just though of you - We were going to go to Old Town Temecula next week for my birthday (to get out and have some lunch and shop the antique stores).....I'm wondering if we should try OT Murrieta instead?  I'll email you.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

OMG - you guys just leave me in the dirt.......
I cannot keep up with the yahoo groups and the few non-yahoo groups like this one.
I cannot even look at blogs anymore or the Food Network/recipes.
Reading about how others' lives are going is leaving me with no Life of my own!

I'm drowning in Internet and am going to be cutting waaaay back in a month after some more surgery. It's all just taking too much time!
I'd LV to learn this new stuff but too many items have been sitting that I've already paid for - like a website..... and teaching & writing commitments. I'll just pop in here and surf you guys' accomplishments with all of the new technologies!

Murrieta, California

Erin email me!!
I do have some suggestions.:))

Murrieta, California

Thank you Brenda,
I'm going to check out your site now.
I'm trying to work on mine as I write but gees!! I already messed up my password! Leave it to me!!  bear_wacko
I knew I should have waited until my husband got home!!
Sweet Dreams. bear_original

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi there...yes, Brenda...I haven't decided whether to go "public" yet! I kind of want to test the water a bit first...I don't want to spend a lot of time blocking people I don't want following. We'll see....I am going to give it a couple of weeks.

If you wish to follow...just send me a request...I'll be happy to welcome you!
Hugs, Nancy

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Sharie, 

I'm a Twitterer, too.  bear_original   -  And am still trying to figure it out.  My Twitter page is http://twitter.com/ellifolks .   

Ellen

Hi Ellen,
     Thanks for the link - I'm following you and I found Bronwyn too!  I already like this way better than Facebook - it's so much simpler and basic!

hugs,

Brenda

Southern California

I like twitter a lot too.  It's so easy....just write one line of what you're doing and that's it.

I do use Facebook, but for personal things only.  I've connected with tons of people from college and high school that way.

Twitter on the other hand is all bears, all the time!

Twitpic is really cool too - you can post pics to your twitter that way.  I think I use the simple free downloadable program Twirl to do the pics.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hi everyone and thanks for the giggles!I was cracking up over the panic of adding backgrounds and Cyndee,that reminds me of something I have did many times with passwords!(also glad to hear Herbie is enjoying his kitty..hehe)Sorry to hear you may have to move and have so many of your bears packed up.As for photos I need to learn how to do that next.Hi Ellen,great to see you are on twitter also!I am now following you,Brenda and Erin.This is fun isn't it?!

Pages:

Board footer