Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Michelle Lamb contacted me a few days ago and she is thinking about getting a group of us together at her studio in Littleton. Just to have some fun, talk about shows, marketing, collectors and BEARS!!! Could even turn into a quarterly type get together, now that would be a blast.... bear_original  bear_original  bear_original ...she asked if I knew of any other artists in the area, we know that Stephanie of Sassys is very close to me,  Janet Anderson , Lena volkova in Evergreen, Kelly Graham in Lakewood, Kelly Dauterman, Debora Hoffmann and Bev Haring in Colorado Springs..............anybody else?????

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

OOOOH YES!! ME! I am in Denver. I would be thrilled to meet other TTers, bear artists here in Colorado.
Beth Hutchison

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Ok great, I'll pass your name on to Michelle, hope we can get something going!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

bear_cry  bear_cry Wishing I lived in Colorado bear_cry  bear_cry    heeeheee.

Sounds like a great idea and it would be so much fun. 

hugs

Shane

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shane , I was thinking the same thing .    bear_cry  What a great opportunity for you lucky folks in the area.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shane & Tammy - don't you know I have a private jet and go whizzing around the world meeting up with fellow bear makers for lunch, etc? I'll pick you two up and we'll pop in on this get together. I can seat 12... anyone else wanna join us?
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

OK, so it's fun to dream! I'd love to be there too! Michelle is such a sweetheart and a great instructor! bear_original

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

Hey, me too...pick me up on your way! :crackup:
That sounds like lots of fun! You know Shane, that's an idea we could work with...we have enough TTr's in the southern Ontario area that we could do an artist get together a couple of times per year too! Let's talk! bear_tongue

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Michelle and I talked about this a month or so ago and thought it would be great to get together at out various homes and studios.  There are and have not been any shows in Colorado for some time so aritsts here just don't see each other.  As you mentioned, Angela, it would be a great idea for other areas as well.  Janet

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hope we can get something going by early summer!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I would be there toooooooo - please can somebody take me with you ............ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatly we don't have such things here in Austria - I would love to share - specially Michelle Lamb - I love her bears - please bring my hugs to her - maybe somebody will remember a tiny tiny tiny Austrian artist - thank you so much

ciao ciao - hugs to all of you - and have much fun

:bday:  :cake:  :pray:  :clap:  :doh:  :dance:  :hug:  :crackup:  :hug:  :dance:  :doh:  :clap:  :bday:  bear_wub

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Funny enough Angela, Steve and I were just talking about this the other day, trying to set something up  where we could meet a couple of times a yr or something like that.

We will have to talk for sure.

big hugs

Shane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
thebearguys wrote:

Funny enough Angela, Steve and I were just talking about this the other day, trying to set something up  where we could meet a couple of times a yr or something like that.

We will have to talk for sure.

big hugs

Shane

That would be cool Shane , hope ya'll can work something out!
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

I live in the springs, but I am not nearly as talented as all of you! I would consider it if you wanted a new teddy bear maker in the group... bear_ermm

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sounds like such fun and great opportunity to meet with other artists.

Daphne, California is too out of the way for you to swing by here to get me.

Shane, maybe we need to have a TT convention every couple of years.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
Sheryl wrote:

I live in the springs, but I am not nearly as talented as all of you! I would consider it if you wanted a new teddy bear maker in the group... :/

Sheryl we would love to have you, I will add your name to the list.....  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry  I"m another who would lurrrrve to join in, but alas, I'm no where near Colorado.  You ladies have a blast over there!!!  :bday:  :dance:

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
TamiL wrote:
Sheryl wrote:

I live in the springs, but I am not nearly as talented as all of you! I would consider it if you wanted a new teddy bear maker in the group... :/

Sheryl we would love to have you, I will add your name to the list.....  :hug:

Thank you Tami!!! bear_wub

Denver, Colorado
Website

Sheryl, I certainly hope you come! I am pretty new at this myself--only been at it a little over a year. I am very excited that this is something actually happening in my area. Hope it works out !
I wish someone really did have a jet to go around and pick up all the TTers who wanted to come. A TT convention would be great wouldn't it?
Beth

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
ScaliWagGrrs wrote:

Sheryl, I certainly hope you come! I am pretty new at this myself--only been at it a little over a year. I am very excited that this is something actually happening in my area. Hope it works out !
I wish someone really did have a jet to go around and pick up all the TTers who wanted to come. A TT convention would be great wouldn't it?
Beth

Thank you Beth! You have only made bears and more for a little over a year?? Wow you are a natural :clap:

Denver, Colorado
Website

Sheryl, I checked out your website. I love the pooh corner song too. And I love your memory bear made from the navy dress pants. How wonderful!!!  How long have you been making bears? Thanks for the kind comment too! I am still learning and hopefully getting better with each bear or dog I make. Having lots of fun along the way--though I have many frustrations as well. bear_laugh
I am working on my own website. Hope to have it up and running soon. It is taking me a long time but I am close to getting it done.
Beth

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
ScaliWagGrrs wrote:

Sheryl, I checked out your website. I love the pooh corner song too. And I love your memory bear made from the navy dress pants. How wonderful!!!  How long have you been making bears? Thanks for the kind comment too! I am still learning and hopefully getting better with each bear or dog I make. Having lots of fun along the way--though I have many frustrations as well. bear_laugh
I am working on my own website. Hope to have it up and running soon. It is taking me a long time but I am close to getting it done.
Beth

Thank you for the kind words Beth. I have to say that the Seabees bear was so very hard for me to make. The pants are my significant others fathers. It was his idea to use the pants for his daughter.... the problem for me was that there was only one pair he had. I was so scared I was going to mess it up!

I have been making animals and things all my life. I made a miniature lifesize horse for my daughter years ago. My downfall is that I have never made my own patterns. I am in the process of trying to do that. I also crochet and I do create my own designs for that.

I look forward to seeing your website, good luck in getting it going. I also look forward to meeting you when we can all get together.

Sheryl

Board footer