Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Well, I for one am so glad to see someone's dream come through in these times!!!
Good on Susan for having a go - she is truly an inspiration....

Check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Mel

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Absolutely inspirational!  Thank you for sharing!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I have to say that I avoid this programme like the plague because it always makes me cringe. HOWEVER..thanks for posting this because I think it was brilliant...and just goes to show you should NEVER judge a book by its cover!!!
Well done Susan..I will watch from now on  :clap:   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Well - I DID watch this over the weekend - the auditions are really fun.........
and this was absolutely jaw-dropping. To see the expressions of the judges and the audience go from amused scepticism to absolute awe and joy was wonderful.  What an amazing lady and what a voice...........hope she wins!
And thanks so much for posting the link, Mel
huggies
Maria

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

I don't usually watch this programme either but was forced to at the weekend, so actually saw this lady singing first time round.  When everyone there was
basically laughing at her in the beginning, I said to my hubby that she probably had a wonderful voice.  So when she started to sing, well, it was good
to see all those people in the audience have to take a gulp and look stupid!  She was fantastic and the judges comments were wonderful and her singing gave me goosebumps!  I hope she does well in the competition, whatever it is meant to be!!

Hugs

Marilyn

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I too am not a watcher of this show but I was crying after 4 seconds into the video. It's hard to fathom with a voice like that she has never been given the opportunity to share it with the world. I don't know what this show is about really but I hope she wins whatever it is. What a light she is!!
Thank you for posting. bear_original

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

She is amazing. bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

My dad actually told me about this Lady and so I Googled her and the show. Wow, what a talent, she has a beautiful voice and I for one would love to be able to sing as well as she does. I hope she is proud of herself and the people in the audience and the judges ashamed of themselves. Susan shocked all of them, but why, because she doesn't look like the typical type of person that we see on TV singing. It just shows you that we the public are usually sold the whole package and so some amazing singers are not seen just because they don't "fit" That's so wrong. I wish Susan a great time and I hope she goes on to win and I'm sure she will, it would take someone very special to beat her in the competition, she gets my vote.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb

Murrieta, California

Good point Jane.
I guess if you don't wear a size 2 dress that is cut to your privates you are not concidered talented.  bear_angry  Yet I don't recollect many Opera singers that are skinny. It's shameful the way this world for the most part views talent. I have to admit when I saw her the thought that came to my mind was, I sure would like to get a hold of her and color, highlight and cut her hair, shape her eyebrows and apply some makeup to help bring out her beauty. Before I became a dog groomer I use to groom people. I was a cosmetologist for a few years. I am far from being a beauty myself but I just wanted to reach out to her and make her feel special. When I saw her tears at the end of the video I had an overwhelming feeling that this was not the first time that she had been overly judged on her appearance. Thank goodness those who sat in judgement of her at this show saw her true talent once she sang.
And SHAME ON ME for thinking she is unhappy and in need of help with her looks.  :redface:
She seems like such a sweet soul. bear_original I really do hope she wins.  bear_wub
Does the public get to vote for her? Does anyone know?

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Mel thank you for posting that.  I am in awe. And yes Jane and Cyndee I had the same thoughts. She isn't the picture book "pretty person". You do want to climb into those eyebrows with tweezers. But what a stunning voice, and what confidence and humor. I try really hard to look reasonable, but honestly would rather have that personality and talent. What a woman. I think whether she wins this or not someone will notice her and she will realize her dream. I hope so, the world could sure use a beautiful voice like that.

Murrieta, California

Me Too Carolynn!
I would love to have such a beautiful singing voice. Whenever I open my mouth to sing my family reminds me that I can just hum to the music!! bear_wub
She has a wonderful voice.
Maybe someone should send Oprah the video!! bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Hi Cyndee (Bubble up)..........
yes - the public DO get to choose the winner.  It's run on the same sort of lines as shows like the X Factor. Must admit i used to avoid all these shows like the plague.........but I got sucked in last year, watching the auditions - they are just SO funny, ranging from the sublime (VERy occasionally) to the downright AWFUL.
This lady has to be one of the very best........and reduced not just me, but my husband too, to rushing for the box of tissues.
huggies
Maria

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I loved seeing this, I to Cyndee was in tears within the first 5 seconds.  If you watch the video I wanted to to smack the girl who made the nasty face (around 1:25 in the video).  Good on Sue for having the strength to go and get up on the stage, when someone is always judged by their looks it is amazing what that does to your self esteem. I also hope she goes on to win the contest , she has an amazing voice.  Even if she doesn't win I think big things are in store for her.

big hugs

Shane

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Susan is too cute hey!!!

For a little more about her (and why she hasn't been discovered till now) read this Scotsman article:
http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/ … 5163658.jp

I think one of the best things that has come out of her audition for these judges is that people all around the world are sending this humble lady all of the well wishes they can muster!

Just read the posted comments after the article  bear_thumb

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Susan has an amazing voice.  I hope she wins.  People always seem to judge a person by what they look like.  Susan is an inspiration.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

This is so good I cry.  Good for Susan
Joanne

Lynn Wisconsin

What an amazing voice, I hope she wins!!!!

Lynn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I didn't watch the show, but was web surfing last night and caught it on You Tube.  Just a glorious performance and a wonderful outcome!  You go, Susan!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Wow, it is so nice to see a talent like hers, get the attention she deserves.  Susan is amazing!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Amazing and what a wonderful voice ~ she gets my vote and I hope she does really well.

It was like  Paul Potts on the show, a year or so ago  - I heard him on the radio yesterday and he was saying that the suit he had worn was old and ill fitting and his teeth were all crooked and bad and he went on to win and he now does Concerts all around the world.

Thanks for sharing Mel.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Murrieta, California

Thank you Maria for the info.
I too don't watch these kinds of shows, like American Idol. I don't even know if this one shows here in the States but I'm going to check.
Shane I'm going to go back and look for that girl you were talking about. I hope she (Susan) didn't see it but I'm sure this isn't the first time she has been mocked. At the end when she was backstage and crying over every one's response to her I couldn't help but feel she has not had a fair shake when it comes to her singing. Hopefully those days are over for her. She has a truly amazing voice. Seemed to be so effortless!! Bravo to her! I hope all her dreams come true. bear_original

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Cyndee, I don't sing. Not since a car trip once as a child when my Dad asked who "that" was. And Shane you so right. I get really annoyed with peoples preconceived perceptions when they base them on appearance. Maybe it will teach people like that snotty little miss a leasson. How dare anyone be so openly hurtful? Oops is my prejudice showing???

Board footer