Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

HI all,
having recently completed my first panda I am questioning if there is a "better" way to set the eye patches??? I have posted in show case and had some usefull suggestions including shading them in, overlaying the patch and ladder stitching it also needle felting the patch... however do we have anyother suggestions, my panda had the patches stitched into the side pieces so to speak. I cut a hole where the patch would go and then cut the patch hoping I could fit the together and woopie done... this sort of worked but it didnt work a dream, I had to snip the seam and thats sort of not good... not the strongest really.... any way I hope this makes some sense?? I will have a go with the shading etc and see what works best for me. bear_grin

Thank you all,
xxx Julie xxx

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

I can't think of any other ways..ive done the shading, the over sewing and cutting out a hole and adding it in...i don't think its ever going to be easy peasy!! Good luck experimenting!!
Kerrilyn

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I made my first own bear a Panda and I cut the hole out and made an insert patch - like you would an inset muzzle - the effect was great, but it was hard to stitch in such a tiny piece!

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Hi Julie
I used to sew on a patch for my pandas but I found the result bulky and didn't quite catch it for me.  Then I tried using dye pens... I have been extremely happy with the result.  Brown can be a bit tricky...but with the black and white pandas...no problem.  It just works so much better to dye the fur to match then heat set it with a hair dryer to make it permanent.   If you use a colorless blending pen you can always remove some of the color if you hate it. I would think that air brushing would work equally as well ...However, it's a lot more of an investment to get into air brushing. And it requires a bit more precision to apply.
Hope this helps
Hugs
Gail

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I've used copic markers to shade them in or simply glued them into place.

Laurie Brady Bears By Laurie Brady

I have to agree with the earlier posts. - I've done both ways and was much happier with cpoic marker & dye method than with the patch.
Laurie

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

I found this link interesting and have spent some time digging around on the web, but nothing comes up that is remotely better. Would do the markers myself. Now if I had only bought the markers when I was in SA in December....  :doh:

Board footer