Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Nikki79 Old Country Bears
Los Angeles, California

Hi,

I know this will sound crazy but I am struggling to find a vendor in the US for teddy bear supplies such as steel shots, polyester fibrefill, glass eyes, awls, etc. I am new to bear making and so far have purchased from Australia (which is a little pricey for shipping heavier items) and have found a great place for mohair here in California.  If anyone can recommend anywhere for the 'non mohair' necessities, I would really appreciate it. 

All the bears pictured on this site are amazing, I have a long way to go!!!!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub WELCOME TO THE TEDDY BEAR WORLD!  Mostly you have to shop on line, and I believe Edinburgh Imports is the best for you, I think they are in California.  Some small things like steel shot you can get at Walmart along with fiber fill, but for eyes and joints etc.  try edinburgh.  Look in the library above, that will also help with different topics.  Hope this helps.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

CR Crafts.... Love the stuff! http://www.crscraft.com/

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I too have used CR's Crafts for over 20 years for me.  Then WalMart for stuffing.  The shot I can not get in our local WaMart so have to go to gun store, don't know the regulations in CA on this.  You can also try ebay as sometimes you can find good buys on there.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Teddy Talk's  sponsor, Intercal, has lots of supplies, Nikki, as well as a fantastic array of mohair.  Go to the top of this page and click on "Intercal" in the right hand corner.  Steel shot can be purchased at WalMart.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

My local Joanne's fabric store carries large bags of polyfill, and I went to a large sporting-goods store for copper-coated BB's (They didn't know what I meant by "shot," which they think of as the fine powdery stuff inside rifle shells).

And yes - Intercal and Edinburgh are great places to get supplies and advice.

Good luck!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I get my poly-fiberfil right from Fairfield. They have my tax ID#, CC#, I just call them and they ship me 25 lbs to the house, usually arrives in 4 days, might take longer to get to CA.

Ellen

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

I get all my mohair at Intercal. Occassionally I find a piece on ebay but I am so pleased with the quality and service at Intercal I order by the yard now. I use different stuffings - wool, cotton, and polyfill (Walmart). For the wool and cotton I order it from http://www.gailwilsondesigns.com/catalog/supplies.html. If you like wool for your bears, I have not found a better price. The cotton is also the unbleached old-fashioned kind. I have also used her brown fiberfill for bear noses. I use bbs from Kmart or Walmart. I get eyes from Intercal and also shop for vintage ones on ebay. I have lucked into some really good vintage eyes this way.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:redface: I am really sorry that I did not mention Intercal, it was because I thought it was out of the country.  I did not realize they were in california also.  Excellent choice and many bargains, fast shipping too.  sorry again.

Los Angeles, California

Thank you so much guys.  All really helpful.  I have already been using intercal for some supplies and they are great, for the bits they don't sell I will check out the places you all suggested.  I have checked out a lot of your bears and love them, what an incredibly talented group of people!  I am overwhelmed by the volume of responses.  Thank you all for your time. :hug:

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Sassy Bears and Fabrics  has micro stainless steel shot (won't rust) as well as supplies for miniatures.  She has super fast service and is wonderful to buy from.

http://www.sassybearsandfabrics.com/

Hugs,

Ellen

Los Angeles, California

Thanks, I will take a look.  bear_original

Board footer