Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Hot Mammas... that's soooo  American LOL

Ummm Ocka Aussies are ......... Ummm.... how do I put this into words? I guess people who use all the aussie terms or  the ryhming slang that aussies sometimes use.  They have the really strong aussie accent.  Oh think Steve Irwin... he's kinda ocka... LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Or just watch Crocadile Dundee!!
Steve Irwin is a riot - a bit over the top I think!!! bear_grin

Australia

Yeah, he makes me exhausted just watching all that enthusiasm....  He's a bit of an idiot though LOL

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Co Blimey Mate!  Look at the size of 'im!!!   He's Gor-jus!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Steve Irwin?!?  If we're talking outdoorsy TV guys with their own nature shows, it's gotta be Jeff Corwin.  Jeff Corwin is gorgeous.  Yum, yum, yum, in hiking boots, that guy is.

Steve Irwin parts his hair down the middle and CHOOSES to wear a mullet.  Despite that, he's still quite cute, though... bear_happy  and VERY enthusiastic, which is inspiring and admirable, for certain.  But he doesn't quite make it, even as a total package, to gorgeous.

In the world of the TV animal show hosts, gorgeous definitely belongs to Jeff Corwin. 

Gorgeous also applies, though, to the total packages that are Alan Rickman (gawd, what a voice on that man!)  And John Cusack.  And Geoffrey Rush (even when he's playing evil, a crazy guy, or a pervert, he's absolutely magnetic.)  Not classically gorgeous, these guys; but dang me, they've got SOMETHING. 

While we're on the subject, though, let's be fair and not forget Clive Owen, Eric Bana, and Viggo Mortensen. 

Their presence just about knocks me off my seat and onto the floor in an oozing, gawking, puddle of groupiness, every time any one of them appears on screen...

<sigh>

Or maybe your gorgeous comment, Judi, was a reference to Steve's croc-speak...?  Gee, I hope so.  Otherwise I might have to re-educate you on where to find the hot and smokin' dudes on your TV dial... !!! bear_laugh:P:lol::rolleyes::D

Australia

Okay, so we're talking about gorgeous Aussies. This is my perfect man.  He is an actor called Aaron Jefferies.  He plays Alex in an aussie show called McLeod's Daughters.  I have heard it's airing in the states along with heaps of other countries.  It's a chick show about a farming property run by females.  Anyhow, here's a photo of him

Alex2.jpg

Not the best, but it was all I could find this morning on the internet to show you.  Hrmm who else do I like?  Ohhh Hugh Jackman - he is also a GORGEOUS guy!

Danni

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

I personally have a thing for gorgeous teddy bears, and your current avatar, Shelli, is one hot number bear_laugh... yet another of your always fantabulistic creations. bear_laugh

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Okay, back ON topic...:P
Another problem with sharpies, if you use fray check on any part that has sharpie, it RUNS. Sharpie is waterproof, not fraycheck-proof! Don't ask me how I know.

Now I do Love the microns. LOVE them! Great for touching up a spot.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woo woo . . . Aaron is waaaaayy cute, Danni.  Alas, he's a tad young for me!  bear_grin bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kirsten,
I'm so glad that a) you've got us back on topic:) (I think all would laugh if I said I had a thing for Mel Gibson or that I think for an 'old guy' Sean Connery is THE most handsome - especially in Hunt for Red October!) and b) I'm not the only one who has tried sharpies and had 'issues'!

The rest of you watch too much tellie!!:lol::lol: (By the way, I think Steve Irwin needs to take a sedative!! He gets my head to spinning!!)

Hugs, Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hmm.  After all the "off topic" talk over the last weeks about poetry, and acne, and meeting up in Oregon, and how hard life is sometimes, and who's the oldest, and who's the youngest, and geriatric diapers, and Aussie stereotypes, and  ... well, the list is extremely long; I don't think I can entirely cover it here... I thought being "off topic" was a big part of the fun here.

Go! teddy bears.

Australia

Okay, gee naughty me - I've been told :mad:

Anyhow, I'll be good.. Well, at least I'll try to LOL

What are Microns? Sounds like a computer term to me...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Micron markers are fabric markers. They are fine tipped, come in a limited number of colors and are meant mainly for writing on fabric - not shading. Check out this webpage for a basic overview: http://www.gellyroll.com/products/pens/ … icron.html

And you are NOT in trouble Miss Danni!!! This message board is meant for building communication - we may be bear artists but we're people too! Sometimes I think it's hard to find answers to a bear related question in these posts because we OFTEN get 'off topic'. But we sure have fun!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hugs,
Daphne

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Three cheers for Fun!!! bear_grin:lol::lol: (cheering smileys)
I'm not exagerating when I say that All of the nonsense on this board has become a big encouragement to me.  It means soooo much to me to have a community of nutty bear makers to cavort with... more than I can convey. :):|:(:D:o;):/:P:lol::mad::rolleyes::cool:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Yup...the permanant markers do bleed into you fabric if you use fray check but.....I found this out accidently as I was reading the back of the fray check bottle...you can remove fray check with alcohol ! NOw, why would I want to fo that ? I didn't at the time except....story coming here;

I made my grandaughter a cute easter dress, green grasses with bunnies and colored eggs all over it with a big white cross over collar with lace on the edge. It came out prefectly except...I marked the buttonholes down the front with a fine perm marker ( I could not see for the print was busy) and then made the white button holes over the marks.
Eyerything was OK until I thought ; " Ya know how kids wear out buttonholes, better fray check them ".

So..I fray checked them good...Oh NO !...up came the marker ink and turned the botton holes gray ...Yuck !
So I laid the dress onto a white towel on the ironing board then doused the butonholes with alcohol then rubbing gently with a another old white kitchen towel  and ...PRESTO ! all the ink came out and onto the toweling
! Well..I was amazed but very happy . I waited til the holes dried then fray checked them again...You would never have noticed anything happened to the dress.... Winney

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Yaaaay!! bear_grin  I love a happy ending!!! bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hey, The nonsense is what keeps it real!  We can pour our personalities out amongst fellow artist's  .....after all, artist's are a breed all thier own.  We have to goof off in the "classroom"  sometimes.   This is a great outlet to be ourselves and talk bears too.

YES< Shelli...I was refering to Steve's Crock-speak!  But I still think he is rather cute.

Danni, what do you think about the Wiggles?  They are an Aussie lot ! They sing songs about teddy bears too.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh I sure have missed this forum since my cold turkey!!

Shelli,
Alan Rickman is THE MAN in our house. Yes, it's the voice, but . . .

Winney,
your story reminded me of the time in college I decided I needed some [INVALID] black underwear (don't ask), but was dead broke. So I dyed some whites, and ended up with splotchy charcoal grey . . . not quite the intended effect.

Happy coincidence, Daphne, I just happened to find a black micron marker in the bathroom today. No idea who owned it, but I do now!!

Just to show I can be on topic, I ordered some artificial sinew from Tandyleather today, so there!  :P

Eileen

Australia

Ahh so the pens are made by Gelly Roll. Oh if they were in Australia, theyd be way out of my price range!!!!

The Wiggles are great!  I love them.  They have been around for so long.  I think Australians just love them in general.  When they do the Christmas Carols section for the kids, all the adults get into the music and dance much more than the kids LOL  I think they are an excuse for adults to act like children again!!!

I think they are fantastic, I know they aren't some people's taste, but personally I think they are great!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

What are the Wiggles?  Is that like Teletubbies for down under folk?

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Okay! I am a tangent queen in my house, but everytime I read this thread I remembered the fray-check and sharpie issue and couldn't remmeber to post! SO... I am really glad to no how to remove sharpie. I have a bear waiting to be made with aweful black runny marker marks!

YES< Shelli...I was refering to Steve's Crock-speak!  But I still think he is rather cute.

Judi, I am crying here!! bear_laugh I thought Crock was something differnt, without the "r". bear_grin What a doubletake! I need to slow down on the beer tonight! (I need to get lots of sleep, and I not tired, yet) Actually, lots of comments are making me cry from you ladies!
Who started the "wonky" kind of talk?? I am actually thinking about words like that while I'm teaching! Get out of my head you crazy ladies! bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know this is an old thread.... and I, Miss Babble Queen, was griping about getting off topic... what was wrong with me?????? (I'm sorry!) But I had to bring it to the surface because I thought of you all the other night and wanted my 2 seconds on the soap box to tell you who my FAVORITE of ALL TIME AUSTRALIAN ACTOR IS!!

Are you ready?

Are you really ready??

Are you sure??? (OK, using up my 2 seconds here.)

It's CRUSH the turtle in Finding Nemo!! He's so cool!!! My hubby and I not only own the movie but watch it a couple of times a month. When the EAC (East Australian Current) scene comes on I insist we replay it at least once!!! Hubby on the other hand goes around talking 'whale'. And the dog.... he truly watches it!! Maybe it's the colors, movement, voices, I don't know. Totally a family event but CRUCH and his little baby turtles are a riot!!! I love listening to them talk.

If you don't have kids or grandkids or teach or aren't as childish as me & hubby you are totally missing out! You've GOT to see this movie!!!

G'Day!
Daphne

Australia

Yes, I have to see the movie, I really want to!!!!!!!!   It wasn't you griping about Off Topics was it.... now I am so confused!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, it doesn't matter - don't we all gripe from time to time??? Kirsten and I just had bear related things we wanted to share, regardless of who has a crush on which Aussie actors!!!! ;)

No big deal!

You MUST see Finding Nemo! It's so cute!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL!!!  Hubby and I love Crush too!  Watch that movie over and over.....

And after this movie, we just picture Ellen (Dorie) walking around in her house in fuzzy slippers saying to herself... "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...."?  LOL!!!

Board footer