Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi all, is there some place on the web that list all the US bear show through the year? Even shows for 2010..............Also ....those of you that sell at US shows if you could only pick one...what is your favorite show to attend or sell................thanks!!!

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Tami,
I don't do many shows but I would have to say that my favorite is TBAI.  I've only done that show once and it was fabulous.  It's just a classy event from start to finish.  It's a long trip for me but I hope to do it again. 

Hugs,
Alison

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tami - NO... there isn't one site that has ALL show listings for the US. Various people have tried but, well.... it just never ends up being a complete listing.

Places to view show listings however would be:
http://www.iloveteddies.com/documents/document_1156.php  She's got one of the most complete lists that I'm aware of.
http://www.jonespublishing.com/jphome/j … lendar.asp  This is not a complete list but a good one - includes doll shows too
http://www.bearsandbuds.com/happenings/ShowCalendar.asp A partial listing, includes shows in other countries
And the two US magazines have lots of shows listed in them. You can look through back issues to see shows for various times of the year.

My favorite show is the Hunt Valley, MD show in November. Well run, excellent collector base, high quality artists. TBAI in August is a fantastic show as well! And because of the large collector base in Schaumburg and excellent line up of well known artists, I think the Chicagoland show on Oct. 24th is going to be a great show too. I'd say that if I wasn't the promoter, I really would! All three fill fast and have waiting lists - a fairly good indication they are desireable shows to be part of. I'm a collector too and would be over the moon to attend any of the three I just mentioned because of the amazing artists, location, quality of the show and just the over all atmosphere of each. I couldn't pick just one!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

http://masterbearcrafters.ning.com/

The Guild of Master Bearcrafters offers events listings too!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tami which two? I know you are doing Chicagoland!  bear_happy  You'll be at Hunt Valley again, right or are you doing TBAI??

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Yes Hunt Valley!  It was great!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm alittle far from Chicago & Huntvalley

Good shows have become few and far between. There are a number of promoters on the scene creating a new generation of shows... we just need the economy and interest in collectible bears to pick up again (and for folks into handmade items to tire a bit of the internet and crave the "in person" buying process again) so we can move forward and continue creating new shows in new places! In the mean time, as a promoter, I'm finding more and more artists are willing to travel great distances to participate in the better shows. This commitment helps keep shows alive and collectors excited. I realize not everyone can travel so it will indeed be nice when we have the collectors to support a few more quality shows.

Our biggest focus should be on creating new collectors... getting the word out about our work to what I call the "general public".... non-collectors, folks who don't know about artist bears. The existing collector base attending shows here in the US is only a fraction of what it once was. This is due in large part to collectors running out of room, retiring, going on fixed incomes, moving to smaller homes, passing away. We need to find new collectors and it's got to be a group effort. It's not the magazine's responsibility, its not the promoters responsibility, its not the artist's responsibility... it's everyone's.... we all have to do our part. We'll thrive again.... it's just going to take time and perserverance!
bear_thumb

Board footer