Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Can one of you knowledgeable ladies help me...I have been reading the rules of the Tobys...( I am thinking of entering...not 100% certain yet) in one rule it says that you can enter already sold Ooak pieces...then further along it says (off the top of my head rule 18 or 19) that items should be shippable in a standard UPS box.

Does that mean that if you are lucky enough to be shortlisted that you have to retrieve said sold bear from purchaser and send him in a box...or am I just being thick here???

Are the Golden Teddy awards the same basic principle....in the BBAAs  (the British Awards) you have to send the actual bear for inspection.

I'd love to enter both of these awards, ( I have a piece that I am taking to the NEC fair tomorrow that's ..I think good enough...but I am worried about selling her in case I have to retrieve her...on the other hand I need to sell her since ...well, that's obvious!!!)

I did email the magazine but had no reply and as my fair is tomorrow I hope one of you might be able to help with your words of wisdom!!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I know absolutely nothing about this but since this post was getting so far down the list I wanted to move it forward so it didn't get lost in the mix.    bear_wub  bear_wub

Shantell

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hi Jenny,

Both the TOBY and Golden Teddy awards judge artist bears by photograph only.  They do not mind whether an artist bear is sold or not, they just want it to have been made within a certain time period (this year).  The comments about shipping the bear are intended only for manufacturers' entries, who have some different guidelines to follow (and the manufactured bears are used as prizes in contests associated with the competition).

Good luck with your show, and good luck if you decide to enter the contests!
Kelly

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh Kelly....you saved my life!!! I am so glad....I have a piece which I think I'd like to enter, but since I've had flu for nearly 3 weeks now, my table is going to look a bit empty tomorrow...and I really need to put this piece on the stand as an available item....I took some pictures earlier in the hope that I could just enter the photos....you don't know how pleased I am!!!

Thanks...you're a star!!!! :hug:

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hi again Jenny, I just noticed that Mindy addressed your concerns in a follow-up post on the TB&F message board.  Here is the link:

http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … owtopic=46

So sell, sell, sell!  (We should all be so lucky, right?)
:lol:

Kelly

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Interesting, I thought that you were only able to enter into the Tobys if the peice is still available... not able to enter for bears that have been sold.

Thanks for the info!
Danni

Board footer