Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

scruffiebears Posts: 318
Website

Hi,

I have had a customer contact me with regards to creating a tap dancing bear. Unfortunatly I don't do anything like this but I told her I would ask fellow bear artists to see if anyone is interested. Here is her email to me.

Iam looking for someone to make me a tap dancing teddy as a demo type bear for a toddler tap class.
Because of the nature of the movement I would require from him, he would need to be un-jointed. Is this something you can do or would you know of anybody who may beable to help?

If anyone could help please contact me and I will send your details on. She is from the UK.

Many Thanks
Susan

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Hi Susan,
Do you know what specifics she wants? ie: size, dress if any, price etc...
Thank you,
Denise  :hug:

Website

No but I can find out.
Susan x

Website

Here is what the lady has told me she is looking for.

I am looking for someone to create a very characterful, quirky (not your standard) bear with a bit of flare as he is a showbiz bear, but not traditional top hat and tails etc..He needs to be quite tall about 27" with longer legs as he needs a bit more movement than the average bear for tapping purposes. He may also need big feet to fit childrens tap shoes (Size 5) He needs a t shirt and shorts (Same as my kids uniform) and maybe a cool bandana or cap...! I am happy to discuss costs with anyone who can help.

Thankyou so much for your help on this.

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Thank you Susan. Wow, that's a pretty big bear and those long legs could be a challenge.  Can you ask her what price point she's looking at?  Max she's willing to spend. This would be a bit more on the pricey side. Less expensive if done in a faux fur, but still very labor intensive.  Sounds like fun though  bear_grin
Thanks again.
:hug:  Denise

Board footer