Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

LAMB_BEAR_CU01-1.JPGLAMB_BEAR06-1.JPGLAMB_BEAR02-1.JPGHello,

We have been talking about different ways to shade on needle fetled bears and critters.  I wanted to share with you this 18 inch bear I designed with a needle felted face, inner ears and paws.  He also has armature.

I airbrushed all the details on his face, ears, and paws with acrylic paint.  It flows on beautifully with very saft results.  I haven't named this bear yet,..hhhhhmmmm I am in a naming slump!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Judi.  I hate you.

<grins> Mwaa!  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm Gee, Shelli, I'm sort of caught in the crossfire between envy and greed!  bear_ermm

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Here's sending you BIG CHOCOLATE HUGS! bear_original :hug: bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shaddup.  I still hate you, even with chocolate on board.

:lol:

(Disclaimer:  Just in case someone clueless here thinks I'm actually serious, because this internet stuff (I am learning all too well) lacks tone, body language, and context -- I'm not.  This is just my humorous, curmudgeon-y way of expressing intense covetousness and admiration of Judi's extraordinary felting and airbrushing talents.  She's a great friend of mine.  Right, Judes?)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, I hate you too Shelli!

bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I hate everyone too???? LOL

Judy, may I ask you a person question??

HOw long does this all take you?? IF I could make a lion or tiger, it would take me months. I mean, to needle felt a bears face alone takes soo long.
How do you do it??

Heather

PS, Shelli, can I use that disclaimer?? It's a great one. If not, I better get my boyfriend to write one. He's much better than me!! LOL

Heather

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

LOL!!

Heather. I made the lion in two days start to finish.  He is based on my tiger design, but I had to push myself to get him done as I had a photo shoot to get ready for.  I wanted to get professional photos but  these pictures I took myself.  It took longer to needle felt his toes than it did to airbrush him.  The airbrushing took less than an hour.  He does not have all the stripes like a tiger.  He does have some spots here and ther just like a real lion but they are not showing in the pictures.  I love doing this kind of thing.     How do I do it...hhhmmm did you see the naked lion photo?..well, the lion in that state bugged me so much I HAD to finish him ...I guess I get hyper focused..sorry laundry, and floors......you'll have to wait!

I had no idea the lamb would be liked so much.  :hug: She was really intended to be a prop for my farmer bear.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi..there are no words left to say about your extraordinary work...I'm fast coming to the conlusion that you are THE most talented person I know. How you do this full stop is way beyond my understanding...but to wangle it will a two year old in the house as well as two others, AND be an active member on this board, AND teach classes at Ebearz, AND be a star ballroom dancer...you leave me breathless. Hats off to you. I think I could grow to *hate* you too.
Luv ya, :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh my goodness.....now I see why Pen thought she had first dips, its the order she came upon the posts......suck it up PenPen....we may have to convince Judi to do a class on the Lamb so we can make our own....I don't see how she could possibly make enough lambs for all us greedy gusses out her with lamb envy.

Oh,my........................what can we say?  Sje is adorable, the farmer bear is adorable, is a pigglet and a calf next?

Oh dear

more classes

more patterns

have you ever thought of selling patterns???

You are simply unbelievable......thank you for sharing this with us.....

bear_cry

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Judi, well done, I cannot believe you get through your work so quickly, how do you do it all, and why does everyone hate you so much!!!!! LOL rolling around on the floor!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub  A lamb class...You might be onto something Dilu.

Origianlly the farmer bear was going to be an angel or fairy bear.  Then about two weeks ago I put these overall on her (now him) and it just looked right.  Then I thought he needed a farm animal to look at and hold.  My daughter wanted me to make a pig...but I had this beautiful peice of white curly moahir that was calling "sheep!" to me.

Dilu, I made a Jersey cow severals years ago from German mohair.  The cow was all airbrushed, infact this was my first airbrushing ever on mohair. I was very pleased with her.  This cow even had an udder.  Well, my sister was visiting me from Michigan and she freaked out over it so I gave it to her.  The cow perished in the fire along with my sister and her son last year.  I hope I can make another one sometime.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the info Judi.I was just wondering. I imagined airbrushing would take days, so good to know. Of course, it's just because you are so practiced though. What great work! Saying it took longer to felt the toes, really helped me picture it.

Funny, the lamb was just a prop. Must be nice to make such nice props Judi!!  :thumbsup:

Heather

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Judi is a super woman bear_grin bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

My goodness!  Reading your posts is better than taking any antidpressant!!!  You all make me feel so good!   bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Group Hug :hug: bear_wub :hug:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Board footer