Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

As I sit typing we are having light hail, mmm looks like Sunny South Africa could even get some snow.

I went out on Friday to purchase some boxes for my shop. While at the centre, chatting to one or two shop owners I asked about shop rentals etc and then decided that maybe I should move my home based shop to a shopping centre. At the same time, in the same centre I was able to find a venue to host an International Teddy Bear show in 2010. Moral of the story dont send me out for something small.

I am going full circle as I orginally started off with my own business in 1986  in a shopping mall. This time thou I have learn't( or have I) that I will delegate!!!!

The mall, is a Garden Centre, and within the garden centre all under one roof, you have various craft shops, pet shops, coffee shops, kids play area and everything else that you can think of except teddy bears and dolls.
The shop is idealy situated, large enough for me to have a work area, and as it is privately owned, the land lords are willing to help you.
So not only are they all excited so am I.

I been there done it, got the T shirt to prove it, and I know that its hard work, however that does not scare me, it is having nothing to do that scares me silly.

Should be signing up for both "events" next week and then I can post more info on the shop and the 2010 teddy bear event.

Of course I have a trip to Argentina 23rd August, returning 2nd September, just to make life more intresting and with a shop to open 1st September and yes I am still learning to dance the Argentinian Tango.

Lynette

puca bears puca bears

Sounds fabulous, Lynette..............and really exciting - good on ya! I'm just a tad miffed that you're so far away.........I'd be a constant visitor!
big huggies
Maria

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The location sounds perfect, and I agree with Maria -- I'd love to stop in!

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

How thrilling, sounds wonderful and the best of luck to you to get it up and running.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well Lynette my friend, you certainly don't do things by halves now do you.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
I'm supprised that you haven't fitted in Hugglets as well.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin 

It all sounds wonderful to me, good luck, keep us posted.

Hugs, Jane.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sounds wonderful Lynette  bear_flower
Wishing you all the very best.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Sounds fabulous Lynette!!  How exciting and challenging too, will surely keep you busy bear_original  good luck bear_original  xx

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

exciting fulfilling times ahead Lynette - bear_original  GOOD LUCK and keep dancing  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:
Catherine x

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Lynette: That sound wonderful. Good luck!  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I find your initiative and energy totally awesome, Lynette . . . much good luck with all your projects.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

hahaha Your spirit inspires me Lynette!  bear_thumb  :dance:  :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lynnette.... you exhaust me!!! :crackup:  But I love ya!
How are you going to open the shop on the 1st if you don't come back 'til the 2nd.... oh, never mind! I'm guessing you've figured out a way to be two places at once! And good for you for delegating! Took me years to learn that one... I'm still practicing the skill!
Congrats my friends on the shop and the show venue!!!
:hug:  :dance:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well, a little secret, if it was not for the support from you guys here, I would not be doing half the things I do.
While being a "chatter" on Teddy Talk, my bear making has improved in leaps and bounds with all the friendly advice,some secrets shared amongst all.

Daphne, I have a few days grace, I can take the shop from the 1st September with a set up period till the 14th, then open for trade on the 15th.

Please see my demand topic  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
bear_rolleyes
Lynette

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Daphne, another thing, the saying the kettle calling the pot black !!!! mmm
You have also taken on "bear challenges" and dived in hosting teddy bear shows,when most people would not be so adventurist bear_thumb  bear_thumb

My keyboard cannot spell,

Lynette

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow that sounds so exciting!! Im looking forward to photos of your new shop!! have fun in Argentina..I took an argentinian tango lesson last monday..sadly it was a one off lesson, cos it was so much fun!!
Kerrilyn

Board footer