Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I have just listed a new Christmas bear on my website. He is called "Stratford".
I have inserted a Swiss "Reuge" music box in him which plays Jingle Bells. These music boxes are just beautiful..the best sound.
I did an open mouth then some needle felting around the eyebrows plus sculptured paws.
I made him a red velvet fully lined coat which can be removed as I know some would not want to have him look like Santa all year.
Until I can learn to add photos to me these.....i would love you to take time to have a look at him and comment. He is a brief departure from my Koalas.

Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Stratford_large.jpgI went to have a look at him Susan...he's adorable!!! What a huge amount of work!
BTW I liked him so much..I pinched him to show him here on TT. :angel:

It's easy to upload pics on TT....just use the 'browse' button when you post and find where the pic is stored on your hard drive and click 'upload'. To make it easy, save the pic to desktop first.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh he is gorgeous Susan, well done!

Thanks Hayley for sharing!
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Susan, he is adorable! What a swetheart.

Jane  bear_original

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Susan,
                      He's an absolute 'Xmas Cracker' , Excuse the pun. You have made a superb job on him.

Hugs Rita xxx

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

santa bearby, love him the toes are to dye for  :clap: :clap: :clap:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Won't he look nice under somones Tree?! Very nice job :dance:
Kathy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooh, he IS gorgeous!  What a cutie pie.  Hayley, thanks for the reminder on photo posting tips.  Susan, I hope you'll post many more!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great bear! Well done!

Where did you buy the music box???

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super, super work, Susan!!  Great bear!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Just returned from the Gym to read all these generous comments. Thank you.
The music box came from Christie Bears in the U.K. I purchased nine for a Workshop I took last year and have a few left.
They are expensive..I just went into their website and see that they are now 15 Pound each,,which equals $37.80 Aussie dollars or $21.13 U.S dollars. They got the Christmas carols in for me as a special order and I don't see listed  now.
While they are expensive they are that much better than the cheaper ones. I guess you get what you pay for. Just one point. If you decide to order outside the U.K remind then that you don't pay the 17.5% VAT Tax. Once that is removed the price is a little better.

Just took a one minute break then. It is Rememberence Day in Australia and at 11a.m on the 11 day of the 11th month we stop....Radios. traffic etc...and we remember all those who gave their lives in war and also those who have and are suffering from war.
Regards and thanks, :love:
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Excellent work Susan, he is a cutie. :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

He is spectacular Susan.  I love the color of his fur with the red coat !    :dance:

Pipa UK

He is fabulous !!!!  bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Stratford is a wonderful Bear Susan and makes you feel like getting into the mood for Christmas.
We remember Armisters Day over here also - the 11am , of the 11th day/ month .....
Good luck with your Bear -

Hugs
Carolyn

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Unfortunately we have further reason not to forget 11/11/05.
Just after posting my last message of thanks to all for their kind words we received a phone call to say our nephew in melbourne had been found dead in his apartment.We drove straight down, together with his grandma 83Y.O. to be with family. We have returned home  for a day or too to attend to things, but will return for the funeral. We believe that he died due to complications with diabetes, however, are awaiting autopsy results.We are just shattered. He was 34 y,o. very fit despite being a diabetic.He  represented Australia in World Ski Diving championships..and did well. Worked in Medical research and was just the best person.
I will get back to this group as I do enjoy it so don't think too badly of me if I don't return emails for a few days.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Susan - I am so very sorry for your loss . . . 34 is much to young to leave this world.  Please know that I am thinking of you and your family and wish you comfort and peace.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, what terribly sad news.  bear_sad  I'm really sorry for this tragic and surprising turn of events in your life, Susan.  Stay strong; we'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Susan, that is terrible. I'm very sorry to hear it. 

Like Shelli says, stay strong!

Danni

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Susan i am very sorry for your family at this sad time, he was so young how sad what tragedy.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, dear, what horrible news for you! so unfair for your poor nephew! He was too young to leave! Life can be so unfair!!!  bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry

All my thoughts for you. Never forget we will always be here for you.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks you to everyone for their kind words and support. It does help. We understand that the funeral is on Thursday 17th. At this stage I am just trying to get my tears out of the way so I can be stronger for Tim's parents and sister.
I haven't felt like stitching but every now and then I do some needle felting. Not sure how it will turn out because the needle  is sure going fast when I do felt. Also there is more than a couple of tears mixed with the wool.
Thanks again.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Susan, I just notice this topic today and
I was looking at your lovely christmas bear...
then I read the your last post just now..  bear_cry

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew.
34years old is too young...  bear_cry

Marie

Board footer