Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

BAAT_banner.JPG

Behind the scenes at the Taiwan Teddy Bar Association, continual work is being done, to keep the focus on the teddy bear world. Not only has BAAT been born, but other challenges are taking place.

As all 2008TBOC participants are aware, WAG was in the pipeline, many very curious about what this was. WAG has been replaced by BAAT- Bear Artists at Home, of course it should read BAAH, however teddy bears have their own minds and we were not going to argue with them.

We are now requesting artists interested in being a BAAT participant to please contact us.
Requirements: Short profile, pictures of your work environment- home and town, pictures of your pets, family.
Cost: Free (We do ask that everyone continues to help us “keep the Bears in Focusâ€
To see and view what BAAT does view   http://www.twtba.org.tw/BAAT/index.htm

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Just popped in on that link Lynette......
yeah right . My home doesnt even look  that good let alone my workroom.....plus thats a quilters room not an artists studio. bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry Photograph my workroom? Not a chance-- :doh: I can barely walk in here!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I have no idea who that work room belongs too- it for sure is not mine. I do start all  all neat and tidy, somehow it ends with a 1001 things all over.
Lynette

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Still, it's a great idea, Lynette! :dance:

I doubt that total neatness counts as much as showing potential collectors how much complicated labor and expensive STUFF are involved in making bears.

And people unfamiliar with artist bears or soft sculpture can be clueless.

For example, one of my writing students was admiring my "Sludge"--lots of flattering exclamations of "Wow" and "Incredible" and "What high quality work!" :redface: (modest blush).

It felt like the praise of a real connoisseur.

Then he spoiled it all by asking, "But how do you get the fur on?"

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Lynette, this is a neat idea.  But I don't think there is even a waste basket in the room and the shelves only have a little fabric on them.  Hummmmmm.  This person can not be a fabricholic or furholic like all of us.  I don't think my craft room was this neat even when I set it up.  My daughter visited me over last weekend (she lives 2000 miles from me) and all she said was "why do you think you need more fur, you shelves are full"....I don't think she understands that there is never enough!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Remember pictures need not be of where you work- notice in my pictures- you do not even get a glimse of my workroom.
Anyway if I was to take a picture of my house, it would also not be a "picture perfect shot" not with 5 dogs who think their place is on beds and chairs.
I have my family, and scenery within South Africa on my review.

Its free,  freeeeeeee

Lynette

puca bears puca bears

Workroom???????? I WISH...........
I   normally work at the dining table till my back starts complaining  and then migrate to the lounge............just as well I sew everything by hand!    And bear stuff is stashed all over the place.........even in the bathtub (full of fabric)...........I hasten to add that we have three bathrooms here, and prefer showers anyway.........hmmmmmmmmmmm - don't think the bear world is ready for a pic of my bathroom stash!
huggies
Maria

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oooooh what a fab idea, unfortunately I'm just about to move house, hey perhaps I'll take a picture of when I've first arranged my new workspace BEFORE it gets messy lol!!   :crackup:  :crackup:    A bear artist with a tidy workroom, glad I'm not the only one who hasn't got one.  *smiles*

Will be sure to take part though Lynette, thanks for the link.   :hug:  :hug:

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Oh what a great idea and it's free! Wow! Thanks so much for letting us know bear_original

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:
Looks like a great idea.
I will join, for sure. My studio does not look like a teddy bear artist studio, but for sure is messy.
But I think I have a few photos I took just after I tidied the place, so it might do the trick.  bear_tongue

Now I have to confess it stays tidy just until I begin a new bear. Then you will find pieces of mohair here, threads there, pattern parts piled up somewhere, ... a little everywhere. Strangely, I never lost anything.  bear_innocent
But sometimes I need to search hard to find things because they are well hiden.

All the same, aren't we?  :crackup:

Thanks, Lynette!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Still looking for artists, its FREE FREEEEEEEEEE

Please send your profiles, messy workrooms,

Lynette

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

This sounds like a great idea!  I think I'll opt out of pics of my studio until renos are done, but I will try to get something together - I've got some great pics of scenery around here, etc....  Thanks for the extra help!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

hey everyone mine is up there and there are no pictures of my workroom only pictures of my dogs and places around were I live and a couple of my bears and I think it looks great! bear_original  It is free and a place to show as little or as much as you want. Go for it!!!

Raewyn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OK Lynette. I think its time that people saw exactly where and how we work. Not the pretend pictures that get shown. I'll do something about it over the weekend. I could do with the publicity.  Plus I enjoyed reading about Maria (Puca bears)  that was a great article and the cheeky thing didnt even show her work room LOL :crackup:

Come on folks let show the real artists at work  bear_whistle  :crackup:

Board footer