Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

I went to the post office to mail two bears internationally.  Someone had told me about First Class International Registered shipping, and I used it a few months ago.  I was certain I got insurance for it.  Now the post office says it would only be insured for the default amount set by weight, about $47.00.  This is about 1/5 of the value.  The post office says it is the very safest way to ship things, but if something does happen I am out the bears and the money would go to the addressee.

I have always used Priority International with insurance before, but it doesn't have tracking which the customer wants.

I decided to send it Express Mail International with insurance, which does have tracking and just pay the extra amount for the shipping. 

Has anyone else used First Class International Registered?  Is there a way to get around the no insurance for it?

Thanks.  bear_original

Hugs,

Ellen

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I was told by the post office, they do not insure 1st class international.  I wonder if you used  Auctiva  though, you can insure directly through them, at least you used to be able to.  I haven't used them in a while.
Joanne

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Joanne,  bear_original

Is Auctiva only for eBay?  It looked maybe like it was from their website. 

Hugs,

Ellen

Board footer