Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Today is the day that I  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: go back to being a shop keeper. Totally mad, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
The shop is about 85% completed, I have no idea where the time goes to.

Got laid up in bed totally shattered and having a tummy bug did not help. Some of my consignment bears have arrived, and they are stunning !!!!! thanks to those who have gone that extra mile to help me.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Had a 3 week postal strike which delayed parcels, so they are now slowly coming in.

I have been taking pictures as we make progress and will try and get the final ones done today.

Stephanie from Sassy bears is a super STAR- she has gone and purchased things for me which are not freely available in South Africa- shared advice with me, and as per usual offered a 101% service.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I must also say a big thanks to all teddytalk
bear members who offer free advice in this forum, my bear making has improved tremendously ( not so sure about my spelling !!!!) and at times when the bear bug leaves me, I am sure to find something in one of the forums which gets me going again.

And while I am on the stand, also a big thanks to the members who have helped me on the emotional side. Being sick last week, all I wanted was my mom, sadly she is now in her place of rest. Railton a very good friend, also decided that it was time to call it quits and passed away in his sleep, aged 65. Grand children, especially my daughters two sons, have had many problems, and Tristan is deaf in his right ear.- I of course am about 80% deaf now, hearing aids are frustrating, and I often get funny looks when I am saying yes when it should be no-

bear_original
Lynette

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Best of luck Lynette.  I hope this new venture is hugely successful and a great way to turn the corner on the bad things that have happened recently.  Get well, and enjoy your new shop !

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Hope your shop does tremendously well! How was your first day?
Beth

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lynette,
     Wishing you all the best, as you open your shop!  Fingers crossed that everything goes well!

hugs,

Brenda

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Was thinking of you on your first day hope everything goes well  :hug:

Raewyn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

So far so good,
Its the week-end that I think will be the most busiest. Lots of people wanting to find out about workshops, and lots of excitement over all the antique christening gowns, laces, and 1:12th scale supplies.

2-3 things still to be done then I will post pictures,

Lynette

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I hope everything goes well!  I'm sorry that things haven't been going well, and hopefully your successful store will change that.   :hug:

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Good luck Lynette  bear_flower  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

LOTS of luck, Lynette.........it's going to be a HUGE success :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer