Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

IMG_0061.JPGI don't know what I'm doing anymore bear_rolleyes

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Too many choices   bear_rolleyes  bear_grin  thanks for sharing such a lovely piccy

HUgs Ali

I had trouble posting this picture on my original post about helping me to unblur this picture with photoshop, I'm afraid I'm confusing people bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Brenda-s-dog.jpgBrenda, I sharpened your picture with my photo editing software.  It's not Photoshop, but it does show you that the pic can be made a little clearer.

thanks SueAnn, I noticed that too today after I was playing around with Photoshop again. Looks exactly like the one you did bear_original

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Brenda;

It wasn't you that caused the blur.  It was the camera.

Look carefully...  There is a horizontal zone going across the bottom third of the picture where everything is in focus.  Right about where the dog's paws are, things start going out of focus.  The farther up the picture you go, the more it's out of focus.

The auto-focus feature of your camera keyed in on the area right in front of the dog's face, right about where its paws are.  At that point in the picture, focus is good.  As objects in the picture get farther away from the camera, they get more and more out of focus.

I don't think this was caused by you, per se.  I think it's a "depth of field" problem caused by the camera.

It is possible to learn how to prevent these problems.  If you read the camera's manual it will tell you how to set the camera so it won't have this problem.  Even then, it can be tricky.

To sharpen the image, here's what you do.  Use your "Magic Wand" or "Quick Select" tool to select ONLY the dog.  Apply a sharpen filter to JUST the dog.  Do the same thing for the background of the image.
The reason for this is because the foreground, the midground (dog) and the background areas are all sharp or blurred at different rates.  In order to get a good, clear picture you'll need to sharpen each area separately.

If you don't do that, you'll have some areas of the image that are over-sharpened and look all "pixelated" and other areas that will be hardly sharpened at all.

Selecting and sharpening different areas allows you to fine-tune the sharpening.

If you copy the image to different layers, you can sharpen each area the way you want then adjust the opacity and blending to make a smooth transition between them.

Here's a version of your picture I sharpened up just the way I described.  I hope it suits your needs.

Dog-sharp.jpg

thank you!!  bear_thumb  and it's toned down a bit too, mine seemed a tad brighter. Now I'll have to go through all my blurry ones and try it out bear_grin

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Great job Sue Ann! bear_original
Dakota really stands out!
Such a beautiful dog! bear_wub
Maybe in my next life I will own a Dakota. bear_original

IMG_0182-1.jpgIMG_0172-1.jpgtoo bad you live so far away from me, I would get you to dog sit bear_grin There's not a single person she doesn't like when we go for walks. She likes to do silly things and exaggerate like you wouldn't believe bear_rolleyes  She's not really sleeping in this picture, just pretending and the other one is her being goofy

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

She gets more beautiful with each day. bear_original
I wish too I were close by. I would just love to pet and hug her!!! bear_wub  bear_wub
The pictures are fantastic! The last one you can really see what a goofy, loving, sweet dog she is!!
You are so blessed to have her Brenda. bear_original

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

She is definitely a beauty she looks soooo much fun how lucky are you ?  :hug:

Raewyn

awww thanks ladies bear_original she definately likes to be hugged and cuddled and a person can't help but do it too, such soft fur

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awwwww I LOVE her Brenda, such a sweet character, you can see it in her eyes, I'd love to dog sit too, but a little far to go  bear_happy   She looks like a Bermese Mountain Dog that my cousin's had, I adored her, is she the same breed?
Hugs
Catherine xx

thanks! and yes she's a Bernese mountain dog bear_original she's a very happy girl and very goofy. She is 15 months already and is catching on quick now and is such a joy to have around here and she doesn't pull me on walks hardly anymore! After alot of patience, guidance on teaching this big girl how to behave she is coming along great! She's my shadow, my heart dog, and I couldn't imagine my life without her bear_happy

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Brenda, I love your doggie!  He's gorgeous and so full of spunk!  bear_wub
Great pictures!

Thanks!! :hug:

Board footer