Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Hi everyone,
I know you guys must have forgotten me by now but I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and tell you how much I miss you all and the Teddy Bear World!  I really thought that as the girls got older I would have a lot of "time on my hands" especially once they started school.  Well, sad to say, my twins, the babies, just started Kindergarten this fall and I still have no time.  It seems I am constantly clearing out folders, helping with homework, etc.  Whew! 

Anyway, with that said, the thing I miss the most is seeing you guys at shows (really missed not having the Doll and Teddy Expo in DC this year) and chatting here in the forum.  I'm going to try to be a better "time manager" and it's already my number one New Year's Resolution (see, I'm ahead of schedule on that one).

Hugs to you all!:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

3802512172_dddef208e9.jpg

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Lisa!!!!  bear_flower
First let me say, your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!  I've missed you.  I peek in on your blog whenever I get the chance....which, sadly, is not all that often.  Like you, I have my hands full since the birth of my granddaughter.  I'm Nana daycare while mommy is at work.  What a blessing for me!!!   However, I totally get where you're coming from in the time management department.  Oiy!

I'm just glad to see a post from you here.  I do check in from time to time.  A little more often as I find my way back to the bear world.  Anyway, just wanted to say......it's awfully great to "see" you here.

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh my gosh, the girls have gotten so big!! They are gorgeous but growing way too fast! Kindergarten already, wow! I'm sure they keep you quite busy. They may get older but that just means their activities change, not that they'll demand any less of your time!

We miss you too! Maybe you can take a little trip to Hunt Valley, MD for the show on Nov. 1? It's a wonderful show! Fantastic artists, beautiful hotel and awesome shopping/restaurants right next door! I'm not sure how alive I'll be after the big Chicago show the weekend before but I'll be there!

It was great to hear from you and see a picture of the girls!! Hopefully despite being busy you are doing well! Stay happy and healthy!

Hugs,
Daphne

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Hi Lisa!!!!  bear_flower
First let me say, your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!  I've missed you.  I peek in on your blog whenever I get the chance....which, sadly, is not all that often.  Like you, I have my hands full since the birth of my granddaughter.  I'm Nana daycare while mommy is at work.  What a blessing for me!!!   However, I totally get where you're coming from in the time management department.  Oiy!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!  That must be so exciting to see her grow a little every day!  That was the best part of being a stay at home mom for me.  I know the last show I did, Expo last year, I almost cried thinking I might miss my oldest losing her first tooth.  Luckily, I got home just in time to play "Tooth Fairy."

I'm terrible at checking other people's blogs too and updating my own.  It used to be a daily thing but now I just get enough time to pop on and put up a new pattern.

Now I'm going to have to go pop over to your Blog to see if I can find a picture of your new granddaughter and all the other pretty things!

Daphne wrote:

Oh my gosh, the girls have gotten so big!! They are gorgeous but growing way too fast! Kindergarten already, wow! I'm sure they keep you quite busy. They may get older but that just means their activities change, not that they'll demand any less of your time!

We miss you too! Maybe you can take a little trip to Hunt Valley, MD for the show on Nov. 1? It's a wonderful show! Fantastic artists, beautiful hotel and awesome shopping/restaurants right next door! I'm not sure how alive I'll be after the big Chicago show the weekend before but I'll be there!

It was great to hear from you and see a picture of the girls!! Hopefully despite being busy you are doing well! Stay happy and healthy!

Ooo.  If I could go to Chicago and Hunt Valley too, I would be there!  I am thrilled that you and Laura Lynn took over the Chicago show as it was one of the best in my opinion and I am sure that is still one of the best with you guys handling it as promoters!!!  Hunt Valley is Halloween weekend and I think there are like six parties the girls have been invited to so I'm not sure how "alive" I will be after all the costume changes (yes, we need a "fresh" one for each party - LOL!),. candy sorting and festivities.  Maybe I can just throw them in the back of the car and let them sleep while I visit!

And yes, we are doing well.  Like I said, most of my extra time is snatched up doing things for them but I really wouldn't have it any other way!

Hugs to you guys!!!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Lisa,
The EXPO will be back! It's in Raleigh-Durham 2010. Maybe you can bring the girls and visit? My sister lives outside of Raleigh and says there's a lot to see over there.
Karen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a welcome sight you are on TT, Lisa . . . it's been waaaay too long!  I was shocked at how much your girls have grown - I'm remembering that the twins were born just "a week or two ago"!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_wacko  bear_wacko
All three of them are beautiful young ladies now - wow.  It's good to know that all is well with you and your family.
We miss you here and hope you can visit us a little more often.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
KJ Lyons wrote:

Lisa,
The EXPO will be back! It's in Raleigh-Durham 2010. Maybe you can bring the girls and visit? My sister lives outside of Raleigh and says there's a lot to see over there.
Karen

I wonder if they will be sending information out to previous vendors?  I've gotten all the other E-mails (i.e., please subscribe, advertise) but nothing about Expo.  Sounds exciting!  Thanks for the heads up!!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
SueAnn wrote:

What a welcome sight you are on TT, Lisa . . . it's been waaaay too long!  I was shocked at how much your girls have grown - I'm remembering that the twins were born just "a week or two ago"!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_wacko  bear_wacko
All three of them are beautiful young ladies now - wow.  It's good to know that all is well with you and your family.
We miss you here and hope you can visit us a little more often.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yes, I do too!  And maybe even make a bear!   bear_tongue  I have this running joke with my husband though as this was the way it seemed to happen last year.  Whenever I pick up a piece of fabric, it NEVER failed, one of them got sick.  I logged on here last night for the first time in a long time and whammo I had to pick the twins up from school today.  One was actually running a temperature the other was just a sympathizer.   bear_grin   So there ya' go.  That pretty much summed up last year.  Makes me afraid to even look at a piece of mohair!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Nice to hear from you Lisa  bear_original   I too keep peeking in on your blog.  Your not the only mom who thought she's had lots of time when the kids were in school.  It just gets more busy.  I hope the girls are finally settled in school after the not so smooth start, and that they'll get all the germs over with quickly so you can get creative.  I'm afraid you might explode if you don't let all your wonderful creativity out  bear_happy

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Tammy wrote:

Nice to hear from you Lisa  bear_original   I too keep peeking in on your blog.  Your not the only mom who thought she's had lots of time when the kids were in school.  It just gets more busy.  I hope the girls are finally settled in school after the not so smooth start, and that they'll get all the germs over with quickly so you can get creative.  I'm afraid you might explode if you don't let all your wonderful creativity out  ;)

That would be terrible if I ended up exploding!  Woah.  A heck of a mess to clean up for sure!!!  I still do my wacky little Softies but it's not like making a bear -- you know, no joints, waxed noses, etc. I usually just pick up a piece of fabric and start stitching on it.  LOL!  Bears take a lot of time -- I seriously can't even remember the last time I picked up a cotter pin!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Love your avatar bear! You're most definitely not forgotten. :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Lisa,

It is wonderful to hear from you. My how time flies, your girls can't really be that big...wow it seems like only yesterday you were talking about them starting to walk. We have definitely missed you around here.

Interesting thing about one of the girls getting sick whenever you touch a piece of mohair. Maybe that is a clue that your bears should be made out of something else like your softies.

Please try to visit more often.

Hugs,

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Amanda wrote:

Love your avatar bear! You're most definitely not forgotten. :hug:

Thank you Amanda!  :hug:

Gijzette wrote:

It is wonderful to hear from you. My how time flies, your girls can't really be that big...wow it seems like only yesterday you were talking about them starting to walk. We have definitely missed you around here.

Interesting thing about one of the girls getting sick whenever you touch a piece of mohair. Maybe that is a clue that your bears should be made out of something else like your softies.

Thanks Gizjette!  Yes, it does seem like time has gone too fast.  Pretty soon, they won't even acknowledge me in public anymore.  Right now, it's so sweet when I go to school and if one of them sees me they yell "Mommy!"  I'm sure that will change all too fast when it's not "cool" to do that according to their friends!

And great idea about making bears out of something else! I'll have to think on that one!  bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hello Lisa!!!!   So glad to "see" you and my gosh, have your girls grown!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Laura Lynn wrote:

Hello Lisa!!!!   So glad to "see" you and my gosh, have your girls grown!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Aren't they big!  Not many more years of public huggin' left that's for sure!  They'll be shunning me any day now!   bear_grin

I hope your Chicagoland Show is a hit this year as I'm sure it will be!  Take plenty of pics so we can all see the great bears and all the fun!

puca bears puca bears

Definitely NOT forgotten, Lisa! Lovely to read your post - and see just how much your "babies " have grown! Odd how one or other of your girls gets sick whenever you touch a piece of mohair........with us, it's one or other  of the pets who throws a wobbly in the run-up to a bear show.........last month (Hugglets) Nounours managed to rip out a claw (and create a scene from Chainsaw massacre!) and a week or so later hurt her hip joint............but she managed to recover in time to spend her usual weekend in the "doggy holiday home".
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
puca bears wrote:

Definitely NOT forgotten, Lisa! Lovely to read your post - and see just how much your "babies " have grown! Odd how one or other of your girls gets sick whenever you touch a piece of mohair........with us, it's one or other  of the pets who throws a wobbly in the run-up to a bear show.........last month (Hugglets) Nounours managed to rip out a claw (and create a scene from Chainsaw massacre!) and a week or so later hurt her hip joint............but she managed to recover in time to spend her usual weekend in the "doggy holiday home".
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yes, I'll have to find something besides mohair to make my bears out of so no one gets sick!   bear_tongue

Aww. Poor Nounours!  That sounds so painful!  Well at least she recovered in time!

I love the bear in your avatar too!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh how lovely to hear from you Lisa!!  Look how time has flown and those girls have grown!!   bear_shocked  bear_original    And I so know what you mean about the time thing - jeez, where do the hours go??  No sooner do I sit down to do some sewing I'm interrupted, it's a wonder I get anything done - don't ya just LOVE kiddie bedtime though - ah bliss!!   bear_wub

Lovely to see you back!!   :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
clare14 wrote:

Oh how lovely to hear from you Lisa!!  Look how time has flown and those girls have grown!!   bear_shocked  bear_original    And I so know what you mean about the time thing - jeez, where do the hours go??  No sooner do I sit down to do some sewing I'm interrupted, it's a wonder I get anything done - don't ya just LOVE kiddie bedtime though - ah bliss!!   bear_wub

Lovely to see you back!!   :hug:  :hug:

I hear ya' on that one!  Kiddie bedtime ROCKS!  They are very good though those girls of mine and I do have a great time when they come home after school and share their day!  I really love them at this age because they really do amaze me every day!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Lisa bear_flower

How lovely to hear from you again and to know that all is well with your family.
Your Girls are all so beautiful and have grown, so much.
Life does seem to be very busy and I hope that we can see you back here when you are able.
Your Avatar bear is darling.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Carolyn Green wrote:

Hi Lisa bear_flower

How lovely to hear from you again and to know that all is well with your family.
Your Girls are all so beautiful and have grown, so much.
Life does seem to be very busy and I hope that we can see you back here when you are able.
Your Avatar bear is darling.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower  :hug:

Oh thank you Carolyn!  Yes, it is so nice to see so many bear friends here.  Now, I wish we had more shows too so I could see everyone in person!  Hopefully, by this summer the girls may be able to travel a little better.  I heard that Car Ready DVD players work wonders!  LOL!

Board footer