Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I know some artists sell out as fast as they get bears made but I have a good inventory. As I get ready for a show on Nov 7, I'm trying to decide how many to take. Should I take as many as I can fit? Just the most recent? I have some that have been for sale online for awhile. Should I take them, assuming they will be new to collectors at the show?  This is a show I have not done before and there will be dolls and other collectibles. Opinions please....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The more pieces you have for people to choose from the more collectors you are apt to sell to. The bear you leave at home will be the one bear someone at the show would have fallen in love with if you'd brought it. After just doing a show today w/15 bears I was wishing I'd brought more! (Not that I had any more ready, mind you!) I know I would have sold more if I had 'em!

Good luck next weekend and say hello to Fred Slayter for me!

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Such a good question Nancy I'm always wondering the same thing. I take what I have got and some shows the ones I don't think will sell do and the ones I think will don't ? I have a show in two weeks and will be taking about 15 or so. Good luck with your show.

Raewyn

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'd take as many as you could fit in your suitcase.  Once one sells, pull another out and switch around your table a bit.  It makes collectors stop and look more than once and maybe they'll buy that second time!

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_flower Depending on the size of the table, I would bring between 20 and 30 bears.  I can group 30 bears on an 8 foot long table, but on a 6 foot long table, 20 to 25 bears seem to fit better.  Good luck at your show!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Nancy,  I don't have an answer to your question but we're going to have a booth there for Sunny Bears.  I checked your blog and saw it's the Good Bears show.  Looking forward to meeting you!

Board footer