Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Group.jpgNow and again, I enjoy a little raggy doll making, so for a change, I thought I'd share a pic of my 2009 Halloween Witchypoo's with you.

From left to right we have:

Hatty Halfwitch - she hasn't yet passed her full 'Pointy Hat Certification', so couldn't fly with the other witches, instead she had to be home by 11pm on All Hallowes Even to feed the cat.

Wisteria Witchelt - she's Hatty's 'bezzy mate' at Witchypoo school and together they cause poor old Witch Hazel all kinds of trouble in spelling lessons!

Witch Hazel - A green-fingered witch, charged with using a little hocum pocum magic to take care of the woodland.  She's also the Witchypoo School Tutor and tries her best to help Hatty and Wisteria become good witches, but so far, they are haven't managed to pass their spelling exams, so have to remain Witchlets until they take their tests again next Halloween!

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Three thumbs up! one for each Paula.  They are adorable...reminds me of my witch cat era.   bear_wacko

Creativity will out! 

Have you noticed you start to 'think' in witchypoo terms during the sewing process?  How else could you possibly create such darlings without communing in their lingo.   bear_grin

The story and the character go hand in hand...and imparts to them a little life all their own.

Pat

MZemeski Posts: 151

Paula - I love these dolls!! Are you doing any for Christmas? I would love to adopt one!!! bear_flower

Bear Hugs,
Melissa Zemeski

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh I absolutely love them Paula, just gorgeous  bear_wub

Pauline

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

ROFL, love the stories that go with them

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!! bear_wub  bear_wub  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks everyone, I'm so pleased you enjoyed the Witchypoos - they were a lot of fun to make!  The little stories just seem to conjure themselves up as I work and the witches chat to me! bear_tongue

Melissa, I am hoping to have a couple of Christmas raggies available from Santa's Sack (coming soon on my website) but I'm pressed for time, so not absolutely certain I'll have them finished in time ... my fingers and toes are crossed! :pray:

MZemeski Posts: 151
All Bear wrote:

Thanks everyone, I'm so pleased you enjoyed the Witchypoos - they were a lot of fun to make!  The little stories just seem to conjure themselves up as I work and the witches chat to me! bear_tongue

Melissa, I am hoping to have a couple of Christmas raggies available from Santa's Sack (coming soon on my website) but I'm pressed for time, so not absolutely certain I'll have them finished in time ... my fingers and toes are crossed! :pray:

I know what you mean about pressed for time!! I'm working on Christmas bears now and hope to get them finished in time. If you do get time I'd love to purchase one for Caitlin my daughter.

Hugs,
Melissa

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Love them!  I want Witch Hazel please!!

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Paula
They are great! I totally understand your love of Raggedy dolls. I lmake Raggedy Anns occasionally- my mother (now passed away) made me a lovely Raggedy Ann when I was 9 years old and like teddies, I don't think you ever outgrow them.  They bring back so many childhood memories.

Regards

Sue

Board footer