Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

First of all, sorry to my Facebook friends who may have already been bombarded with Meg pictures, I can't help being a crazy cat lady!
Simpsonscrazycatlady.jpg

Meg was spayed a few weeks ago, it went fine but she had to wear an e collar for 10 days as she kept going for her stitches.  She was a pitiful sight with a lampshade on her head, shaved side and balance issues!
Captured2009-10-3000003.jpg

She's now back to normal and growing in confidence - going back into hospital made her a bit skittish and I don't blame her for feeling like that!

Captured2009-11-1800000.jpg
Captured2009-11-2200002.jpg

She likes to wear my clothes and is never far from my dressing gown which is now manky due to being suckled...  Please Santa, bring me a new one!
Captured2009-11-1800002.jpg
Captured2009-11-2200001.jpg

The Terrible Two have now become The Troublesome Trio - thankfully Fable stays out of their mischief unless there's biscuits involved!:
Captured2009-11-1900000.jpg

You can see that Jupey is doted on by his sisters even though he abuses them!  He's chomped half of Emmy's whiskers off on one side of her face!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Great pics Gemma!
Thanks for posting. bear_original
I have a couple of questions;
When Megs leg was amputated did she leave those stitches alone? I don't recall her wearing a cone?
When you say suckle, does she nurse on clothing?
and last how the heck do you keep those Christmas decorations up and intact on your bed frame?!!!!!!!!!
Meg is such a doll and you are so lucky to have her. We are still looking for homes for the 3 that showed up at my door. They are at the rescue but no homes yet.  bear_cry
Fingers are crossed. bear_original

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

She didn't wear a cone when she came to me after her amputation but when she had her stitches out she did have an infection so that could have been down to her messing with them.

Yep, she nurses on my dressing gown or what's left of it...  I know she was taken away from her mum too early and I think part of the reason she likes my dressing gown is because when she first came in, she'd see me in it first thing on a morning  and last thing at night and she liked being cuddled.  Plus it's very soft or it was... 

We've put those decorations on the end of the bed to see what the cats will do.  This year I'm having a real tree with orange peel for baubles to try to keep the cats away.  The girls keep trying to chew the lights but I'm going to get some citrus oil to put them off!  Our tree will be in our bedroom so it will be supervised at all times, I can't cope with finding my beautiful tree in tatters like previous years!

Those kitten will find homes and at least they're being cared for in the mean time.  They are all gorgeous and it's a good thing that I don't have them!

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Thanks Gemma. bear_original
She probably was taken away too early but she will most likely out grow the suckling thing. Most do. I'm sure with all your cat knowledge you know this already. bear_original
Here is a product I use for my Christmas tree and have for several years. I also use it to keep raccoons out of my pond. You can find it at pet stores and even Amazon carries it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SssCat-Kit-One- … sim_w_h__1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ssscat-Scat-Automat … 19b0f43f43
I get it at Petsmart for much less  so if you do decide to use it shop around. bear_original I have found that prices really vary with this product.
It does works great!!!!! I used it on my formal living room and dinning room furniture (very expense stuff!!) and after about a month I was able to remove the spray and now years later they still stay off. Proves it's a good learning tool too. bear_original
Thanks again Gemma for posting the pics. I love seeing pictures of my favorite UK kitty!!
Even if she is growing up too too fast! bear_cry  bear_cry

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi there Gemma,  How are you keeping?? bear_flower  bear_flower

The photos of your wonderful little furry family are so lovely, I can just imagine all the fun you must have at times, and I am so pleased
little Meg is doing fine.  Bless. bear_wub  bear_wub

Good luck looking after your Christmas tree!  He!

Take care, will chat soon.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Gemma,

Oh poor Meg, with the .lampshade on ( they really do not like them do they!)
Glad that she is feeling better. Our cats used to love playing with the Christmas tree too.

Love the Crazy cat lady from the Simpsons.

Hugs
Carolyn

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Thanks guys.  I may try the hoover trick with the Christmas tree - put the hoover next to it switched on but off at the mains and when a cat goes for it, switch it on at the mains!  This is something I learned from a cat forum when Fable was scratching at the door all night.

Hehe, Marilyn, I do have a lot of "fun" sometimes and am now getting grey hairs which I blame on the cats.  I really will look like the crazy cat lady at this rate!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful cats, Gemma!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer