Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Hi Everyone,

My first, real post, very exciting.

So, I'm working on a polar bear at the minute and am contemplating adding a double jointed neck for poseability. I've been through past posts on this and read them from start to finish but am still at a complete loss. I think I need a completely basic from the beginning explanation.

I've been on the http://monicasattictreasures.com.au/ext … nique.html link but this just creates a longer neck and I can't see how the head would be able to tilt with this. Am I right in saying it wouldn't or am I just being silly?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Richard,
I recently posted a short double jointed neck tutorial on my blog.  I have it still posted there under tutorials, but I have also moved it to my website.  I think it is what you want.  I don't know if the explanation is easy to understand, so please feel free to ask questions, I will try to help.

Joanne

http://desertmountainbear.com/double-jointed-neck.php

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Richard, In reference to Monica's tutor You would have to cut the ends of the wood dowel on an angle to be able to get it so the head would tilt.

teeeej Brisbane
Lhearn wrote:

Hi Richard, In reference to Monica's tutor You would have to cut the ends of the wood dowel on an angle to be able to get it so the head would tilt.

I have done it this way. Only one end of the dowel needs to be cut (flat end on body, angled end on head side). Then you cover it with mohair as per Monica's Tutorial.

---
Therese

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh you're absolute stars thanks so much for that. It's so easy and makes so much sense once you point it out as well!
Shall let you know how I get on.

Thanks.
Richard
x

Board footer