Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

I have noticed that a lot of bear artists are diversifying in this economy and have added less expensive items such as materials, note cards, decorated tags, etc. to their shops.  I wonder if any of you have done this, what types of things you added, and if it has increased sales for you.

I am thinking of adding some materials to my shop and maybe some less expensive versions of bears.

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

I have had success with "ornaments" for both Christmas and Valentines Day.  I only do a limited number (I did two for Christmas and I  did two for Valentines Day but I may add two more) and I state that in my description so the collectors know that even though it is a lower cost item it isn't going to be one of 50 or so.  I added a decoupaged heart-shaped box to the Valentines Day ornaments for storage and I had a blast making those.  I just make little bear heads into holiday themes from the bits of mohair I have leftover from other bears.  They sell very quickly and it gives me a chance to do something a little different.  I keep the price under 30.00 since they don't take much time or materials to make. 

Hope this helps! bear_flower

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Lisa,  those are great ideas!  And a nice use for leftovers.  bear_original

Board footer