Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

It has been ages since I placed a bear on eBay and thought I would do so this afternoon (with help from a very patient husband). However, i just had a look at what was on offer and it appeared to me that there were lots of bears for sale. not many really great quality bears (only my opinion) but really low prices and many no bids.
Has anyone been selling on eBay recently...and getting reasonable prices?
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

It takes time to build a following, and you must keep things listed, or you lose your base pretty quickly. Be sure to take advantage of your "ME" page, and link your website from it. Try it, what's to lose? You can always set a reerve. Pam

Deb Upstate New York

Well it's worth it for me right now.  I'm working 40+ hours, don't have the time to invest in website or do shows, so am selling exclusively on Ebay right now.  I'm not saying that's my preference ... it's just the most logical/convenient for me right now.
bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It's worth it for me as well.  I'm in the mindset that if one of my bears doesn't sell then it was at least advertising and I have received some very nice emails from people who have viewed them so if nothing else it's giving me a big ego.... HA HA HA

I have to agree that even though there are what seems like a ton of bears out there that are not selling they are at least out there...being looked at.  There are always new people looking...afterall we were all once new.

My biggest problem right now is knowing how to price them and not undercut myself or outprice myself either.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Shantell

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'm the same as Deb. Go for the ebay.com site and list in artist OOAKand other as well so it goes to the UK and Australia also. It was mentioned in another post, email me if you want to know more. Shantell is right about pricing very hard but its all a learning curve.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Just remember that you don't have the expense of traveling to a show, nor do you lose them time going to the show. While your bear is posted on eBay you can be working on your next bear.
Remember to keep customers e-mail addresses in a file and when you list a new bear send them a message telling them that you have listed a new creation.
Some day when I get time I will put together a whole eBay for Teddy Artists lecture.

Deb Upstate New York

omg, jared ... i just never thought of that!

Thanks!

Polo, IL

Deb,
What did you not think of?

Deb Upstate New York
Jare Hares & Bears wrote:

Remember to keep customers e-mail addresses in a file and when you list a new bear send them a message telling them that you have listed a new creation.

:thumbsup:

That's what I didn't think of ... no list ... duh!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Do you think it's okay to email past customers even if they didn't ask to be on a mailing list?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Sandi,

Ebay does have a rule about that too.... I always ask them if they'd like to be notified when new bears are available.... if you don't ask them then it is considered spam.

Back to packing.....
bear_wacko

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Thanks, Laura

That's what I figured. I wouldn't want everyone I buy from sending me emails.

Deb Upstate New York

Well, of course you'd ask them ... that's assumed.   :rolleyes:
But I don't even keep a list of bidders, which, though not particularly helpful, would be interesting.

Polo, IL

I automatically add people to my mailing list...
But... I always include the line...
If you would like to be removed from this mailing list just reply to this e-mail with REMOVE in the subject field.
You must always offer them an out.

If people reply asking to be removed I take care of it immediately. I might send them an e-mail telling them that I have removed them, but most of the time I don't as they don't care to hear from me any longer.
I don't make a big deal out of it and many of my customers are interested in seeing my new items.

Board footer