Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Has anyone else got problems with their freewebs site?....I haven't been able to edit mine for two days and I get 'page not found' when I search it.....can anyone else open my site? www.jackandlilia.webs.com
....or is it my computer! ......oh dear I can't cope with technology when it goes wrong!  :doh:  bear_sad

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Lynne,

Don't ask me about the technology stuff behind websites, because I'm totally ignorant about that  bear_wacko , but I could access your website without any problems :

jackandlila.jpg

I hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

Hugs  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

It opened just fine for me.  Had a quick look see at all your wonderful bears.  I hate when the computer acts up.  Good luck finding the problem.
Donna

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thank you Peter and Donna! I still can't edit or open the site.....I was hoping the problem was with Freewebs and not me!   bear_cry

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've had the same problem, Lynne, for several MONTHS!  I haven't been able to access my website to update and I seem to be the only one that can't go to it.  It is a computer problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do.  I've done virus checks, changed browsers, defragged, cleaned the registry, checked firewalls, etc., but haven't fixed the problem yet.  My computer genius son-in-law got it to work for me for about an hour, but then it went back to the same problem.  I did have enough time to update from Thanksgiving to Christmas.  I'm about ready to start selling from my blog.  I'm not a member of Facebook and have never even considered joining, but may now since Daphne had the brilliant idea of setting up a page devoted to selling bears.  By the way, I got to your great website with no problems.  Good luck in solving the issue.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hmm, my 'puter thought about it for a very long time, and then, to quote a lovely Little Britain character, 'Computer says no', sorry!

Here's a screenshot of the error I get.  I'm on Vista using IE8 if that helps you if you're going to report the problem.  My blogger quit letting me do anything but new posts on my PC after an update to Vista 2 weeks ago (ie, can't comment, see followers etc), but I finally discovered a couple of days ago, when I dug out the lappy, that it works fine on Windows 7.  Weird!

Jackandlilia-screenshot.jpg

And in case you can't read it, the gist of it is:

'Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.'

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thanks Sue Ann and Katy....I'll keep persevering....seems like the website cannot be viewed here in UK.... bear_sad

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Lynn

i have 3 websites with freewebs and i have had no problems at all. your site opened with no problems either and i do love your bears and i saw them at hugglets which i was lucky to go to as i'm on portugal.

without joining Premium i did contact there online help which was great and they spent alot of time with me and i didn't upgrade, mybe try that see what happens.

hugs Susan

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Lynne,

I can get on your website.
I’ve not had a problem with mine(touch wood).

You can ask them a question , and they answer quite quickly.

Love kayx.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I didn't have a problem at all viewing your website Lynne...I can still see all those lovely bears of yours.They always make me smile bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Hi From Australia...your site is opening up fine.  bear_thumb

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

I could get to your website, but there was the yellow band at the top with the message regarding the fact that "this website is suspicious"  I've been to your website a number of times before and never had that message come up.
This is the only time.   
Maybe contacting them like Susan said would be a good idea...

Jack.jpg

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I got on no problems, hope you have it sorted...............freewebs can be temperamental sometimes

Glasgow

Interestingly I couldn't get onto a couple of other freewebs sites yesterday/today either.  Perhaps it's a set up issue at your end that's changed - do you have auto updates from Windows turned on?

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I had trouble with mine the other day, the edit would not edit. I tried the next day and it was fine.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thanks everyone for your support....I still can't find my website online and can't edit either.....the only way I can contact webs is through their forum....there are now lots of others with the same problem....but no word from webs....
Susan, Kay and Amanda I can't get your websites....I just get 'HTTP 500 Internal Server error'  bear_cry

kynthia Posts: 140

i tried clicking on your link. the 1st time, i received an error message. then i tried again and got through. maybe u can try using other web browsers? i am using mozilla firefox. good luck!

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thank you everyone....my website is now back on!....apparently it was a UK/Sky Access error...phew!  :rolleyes:....it's a bit worrying I'm so wrapped up in this virtual life and panic when I lose contact!  bear_wacko
Donna, Sue Ann, Katy, Susan, Laurie, Kelly, Sue, Amanda, Kynthia would you like to swap website links ?(Kay & Linda I already have yours!)....I've just had a nice time viewing all your fab sites!  bear_grin  :hug:

Glasgow

Ahh, well I have Sky too, and lo and behold, I can now see your website too - yay!  Sure, I'd love to swap links, do you have a banner you'd like me to use?

thanks Lynne! i've just added you to my blog.  bear_grin

Would anyone else like to exchange links with me too? bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I will be pleased to link to your website, Lynne (Kynthia, Katy, and everybody), if/when I get access to mine . . . am still blocked.  bear_angry  bear_angry  So glad you found a solution to your problem - wish it would work for me.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Yes please, will add you first thing tomorrow morning  :hug:  :hug:

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

Hi Lynne!

I have a freewebs site and I wasn't able to edit my actual blog page for weeks.  After contacting their online help I was told to update the version og mozilla firefox that I was using and that solved the problem.  You could see if maybe updating the latest version of your browser might help.

Good luck!
Lisa

Glasgow

Okay, I've added Lynne, Sue Ann and Kynthia's links to my site.  If you have banners you'd like me to use, e-mail them on.  Anyone else wanting in can send me banners too  bear_original

ok, i;'ve added Sue, Sue Ann, Katy and Lisa too. Let me know if there's anything you want to change. thanks! bear_grin

Board footer