Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

CIMG03532.JPGHi Everyone

Ok, this is the most excited I've ever been about a bear and I'm so happy with him. His name's Blizzard and he's made from a pattern by the same name from BearBasics (by Sue Lawson of Born Again Bears - all credit where it's due this is a BRILLIANT pattern) http://www.bearbasics.co.uk/products...rd-pattern/39/

He's made from 18mm dense white and silver mohair with white wool felt paw pads and poly fill stuffing. He's my first bear with a growler (or cow noise as I now call it ) and he measures a huge 43cm from nose to bottom.
He's five way jointed with my first go at nut and bolt joints in the legs. He's got a lovely little tail and claw detail (also my first go and i LOVE doing this).
He is also my first go at a waxed nose and it works so well, especially with this type of bear. I feel like I've leapt forward with this bear and can't wait to get into designing my own. I have to admit I'm leaning towards these realistic bears as they're a pleasure to bring to life.

Hope you all love him as much as me (although the photos just don't do him justice).

Richard
x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he turned out very well, and congrats on mastering the new techniques.  I have growler plans for a few bears coming up soon, although I've never added one before, also for wax noses - tried it once not particularly successfully, but I found great instructions on here so I'm going to give it another go lol

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That is certainly a beautiful bear!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: You've clearly paid attention to every detail. (I love growlers!)

Becky

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I know how exciting it is to finish a piece as complex as this and master the skills.  Tisn't easy...I'm still struggling with hanging the bear's appendages on straight! bear_angry

You have every right to be pleased with yourself and I congratulate you.  I started out with teddy bears and ended up leaning more realistic myself... .  Mine haven't come out of the woods yet...so many details to master.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for your next post.   :clap:  :clap:

Pat

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Blizzard's fabulous,  :clap:  :clap: I haven't tried a growler yet or nut and bolt joints, I bought some a while back but have never got round to using them!. Great work on the waxed nose it looks great. bear_original

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Wow Richard. You will be designing your own in no time. You should be proud, he is gorgeous!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Richard,

Blizzard looks absolutely amazing : lovely attention to detail, very realistic (I love the hump).  bear_wub

You are certainly learning new skills at a fast rate.  Good for you.  :clap:
I will be looking forward to seeing your next creations !   

Peter & the bears

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Well done, Richard.  He is splendid.  There can never be enough polar bears!

Board footer