Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Dear TT-Friends today my friend showed me something horrible on ebay and I just want to ask you, isn't there a way to forbit such things ..... please for those of you who have strong nerves have a look - poor bears - what is going on in this world?????? I can't find words for such cruel things!

http://cgi.ebay.com/OOAK-Horror-DEAD-E- … 3a57a3cca8

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I guess you have never seen Living Dead Dolls. I have a teenage daughter who loves these sad bloody dolls.  I think they do appeal to the dark personality of people.  They do state they are to be used for Halloween props.   I guess it is true, that there is something for everyone.
Joanne

We also have a collection of "Meanie Beanies"  horrible little bean bag animals.  I think they were meant to make fun of Beanie Babies.  One is a bloody headless duck, similar to the poor teddy you found.  Again my daughter, she loves dark and twisted.. go figure.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

There's a whole range of bears called the Bad Taste Bears too, who are all a little different and, well, in bad taste!  But they do have their fans.

There's an advert here I don't like right now.  I totally agree with the sentiment that women should not be controlled by their husbands (it's to advertise a helpline for women), but using a mean looking male bear to a cute looking female bear was not a great marketing idea IMO, apart from anything else because everyone I've spoken to about it thought it was just an ad for valentine's day, and none had read the small print underneath the photo, so it may fail to reach the people that need it too  bear_sad

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I agree with you, Andrea, this is in very poor taste (even if it is meant for Halloween). 
It reminds me of some teddy bears made by Parker bears ... in a coffin   bear_sad
Some people appreciated the artistry, but I still think it was in very bad taste :

Dead_fred.jpg

And I also agree with Katy : Bad taste bears : the name says it all.  bear_laugh

Unfortunately there are some weird people out there.  bear_wacko

Hugs,

Peter & the bears

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I find it distasteful too.  Although people have the right to make their own choices, I have a big problem with this being in a section on ebay that I would let my young children look through - they don't need to be subjected to this.  Personally, I feel that it is abusive to both adults and young people to show this "R" rated teddy bear in a section that would usually get a "G" rating!

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Joanne, your daughter sounds like me, I like the living dead dolls too, I think they're cute.
I have a few bleeding edge goth dolls and the first series of kinder goths. The kinder goths are plush goth dolls by Bleeding Edge, cute in an odd sort of way (to me anyway).
I also have a bad taste bear on my computer at work, they are exactly what their name suggests, but they tickle me.
Then again I do have quite a dark sense of humour.

The bear in the coffin I don't like, however, had it been a Vampire theme bear I could appreciate it.
The zombie bears "Teddy Scares". Sort of a 'cute but dead' thing like the kindergoths, both of which have their own little personalities, likes and dislikes etc., again appealing to my sense of humour. These are also quite popular within the Goth community and are always available from somewhere at Whitby Goth Weekend.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Am I alone in finding squeamish fun out of the alternative bear art?
Now if that teddy was made in real fur with its head decapitated, then I would be horrified.
We all have our own levels of what we think shocking.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Certainly not my idea of how bears should be made.   bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Hugs, Jane.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Yuck...yuck, yuck....triple yuck!!! There are strange people out there.....

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Not to worry, I went on ebay and gave him a piece of my mind.  That is a sick thing, and I did not like it either.  What does anyone get out of that?  Hope he gets the message.

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

People have different tastes.  Giving someone a "piece of your mind" because you don't agree with what they created?

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Each to their own really. I saw an amazing (but disgusting) stall at a collector's show recently. They made replica body parts and looked so real!! It made me slightly ill, but I appreciated the work involved.

On the stall they had something similar; it was an Elmo beanie baby that looked that he had intestines falling out - It looked quite real - and I have to say that although I appreciate it may be offensive to some, it raised a smile to many - I could at least see that there was a lot of effort that had been put in!

Maybe some kind of warning would be appreiated as a main gallery picture.

I find this nowhere near as sick as a person on Etsy I found seeling a framed mouse jaw, and a pendant that was made out of a real Chinchilla tail - that made me feel pretty sick.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

I did not actually give him a piece of my mind, I just said it was something that I could not believe that someone thought it was worth anything.  It wasn't very creative, just a beautiful bear with its head riped off and blood, it was really kinda stupid to me.  I guess you are right, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
sorry if I upset anyone here, it was not my intention.

puca bears puca bears

In two minds here - some of the Bad Taste Bears, I find quite amusing.......and I have made vampire and even a Frankenstein monster bear.........as always, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - and what some of us find SICK, really appeals to others. It's a free (ish) world!
huggies
Maria

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Each to their own, my only problem with this is that it's not very good!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Not something I would buy,that's for sure!

The Geekest Link The Geekest Link

The Ebay listing was removed. What was the bear?

Dare I even ask?

Board footer