Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi guys

i have been looking on the net (feels like forever)  then i thought the best people to ask are you.

does anyone know of any good fabric places (in europe outside costs me a fortune in customs coming into portugal)
i want to make some old looking vintage style clothes, with pretty small print etc you know what i mean and also lace maybe i can make little outfit from that. 

another project  i have meant to do and this year i am going to do it. i see so many beautiful clothes on teddies and want to have a go. i have done the odd dress but i need to spend more time on this,

thanks for reading guys hope someone can help

big hugs
Susan xx

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Susan,

Being in the US I don't have any suggestions for places to buy new fabric but thought I'd suggest checking thrift/second-hand clothing shops... I've seen some great old dresses I've been tempted to buy just for the fabric and trims, buttons, etc.

Good luck in your search!

puca bears puca bears

Hi Susan
Germany has a big craft centre  that caters for just about everything........and they have an extensive range of fabrics. I just checked their website and they DO deliver all over Europe. It's www.buttinette.de - might be worth a look!
Otherwise - charity shops and flea markets........
huggies
Maria

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I get most of mine through eBay, or quilting supply shops - Bear clothes do not use a lot of fabric, so I tend to buy fat quarters and that is usually enough for whatever I want, and quilters so often use tiny patterns

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i cheat!
i dont very often make bear clothes but i do like making the odd patch work quilt, i raid charity shops and carboot sales, if i see an item of clothing with a nice fabric, it gets chopped up and  recycled! and its cheap!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I have forever been looking for some cotton batiste for soft bear dresses...

Also, does anyone know a good source for cotton organdy in the US?

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

thanks for the tips guys, we have finely got charity shops here now so i'm off to have a look tomorrow.
i will look at that site in germany to thanks Maria.
And Julia you have just made my day i have just joined a new group here of expats that make things and we are hopping to do lots of craft fairs and even looking at opening a shop and dividing the cost and amongst the group (30 of us now)we have lots of quilters so i am off to give them a call as i know they brought all there lovely fabrics from the uk to here ( as fabric shops are non-exsistant)
i also had another thought the portuguese are amazing at lace making and they hold classes near me so i am going to see if they see their lace.

once again big thankyou i new you would have some idea

big hugs Susan x

Board footer