Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

just wanted to let you all know that i have just received my first commision for 25 bears ranging from 5 to 7 inches all ooak, what a perfect end to the day. i wanted to share this with all of you, because of your help and support i am where i am today, so once again to everyone

A BIG HUG & THANKYOU  bear_wub  bear_thumb  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_thumb

Susan

teeeej Brisbane

Congratulations!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Wow, congrats!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Susan!  bear_flower  that is wonderful and I am so happy for  you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Congrats :clap:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

That's great Susan,  have fun with your very busy new job!
Joanne

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

That is just wonderful news.  No wonder you are feeling good.  Congratulations.

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Oh my, well done!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  You better limber those fingers up and get yourself a really comfortable seat....  bear_grin   Is the coffee on too...?  You might need it while you're burning the midnight oil  bear_happy  bear_happy

Have they given you a deadline?  Are the style, colours etc, your choice too?  Looking forward to seeing the pictures...  bear_original

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

How wonderful, Susan!  Thanks for sharing the great news!!!  :dance:

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, Susan, that is wonderful news !  :dance:

I am just dying to know : is the commission for your lovely wedding bears ? 

(as a lifelong bachelor, I would even consider getting married just to have your bears at my wedding  bear_grin ).

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Milo, Fudge, Jo-Jo and the rest of the teddy gang

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

:clap:  :clap: Congratulations!

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Wow, that is amazing news, well done. You will need lots of wine and biscuits to see you through that order!!  :clap:

Hugs

Lisa x

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

What great news.  Congratulations. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

That is awesome!!!  A BIG congrats  :clap:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Congratulations Susan :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Laurie :hug:

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hey Guys
thankyou for all your supportive CONGRATS, i am still getting over the shock. No Peter its not for a wedding (but i would love to make your bears if you have a wedding) its for a large family gathering, here in Portugal, and i have a free rein on design only the sizes have been stated so i have my note book with me writing ideas and thoughts down and new designs. As for wine and biscuits definately the wine and lucky the wine is so cheap here lol.

big thanks again for your support and lovely comments

big hugs Susan xxx

karenaus Melbourne
Website

:clap:
That's a *lot* of ears hehe... congrats Susan:)

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congratulations!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Susan, what a big order!
I hope you will have a good time making all these bears!  bear_original
I am very happy for you.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
If you enjoy playing with colours, you will be able to have a great fun!
Be careful with the wine or your bears will end up having three eyes instead of two! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Do not forget to take photos of all of them!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

kynthia Posts: 140

congrats!!  :dance:  :dance:

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Wonderful news! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Karon Posts: 751

Well done Susan.

I just wanted to share with you a little story about when I took on my one and only commission.

It was around 1998 and I was approached by a Teddy Bear outlet - who shall remain nameless but was well known but is now out of business.

At the time I was also making porcelain dolls and had done fairly well in a competition for dollmaking.

They asked me to do a limited edition of 10 sets of Goldilocks  and three bears - I thought it was too good to turn down - was I WRONG!!

Anyway I went to visited them armed with some sample bears and dolls.  Papa bear was to have glasses, mama bear had an embroidere anglaise pinny, baby bear a blue ribbon, all to have leather paws.  Goldilocks was to have all manner of frippery.

I was then made to sign a CONTRACT on the deal!!  By this time panic was setting in and I should have followed my feelings - but I didnt!!!

Unfortunately I Was also going through the throws of a divorce (and still living with my husband in the matrimonial home!) and was going deeper and deeper into a well of depression.

In the end to complete the contract  I had to get a friend in to help me with the dolls, pay for a piece worker and enlisted the help of I well known teddy artist pioneer as well, who very generously gave up his time for free to help me - but warned me NEVER to commit myself like this again.

He also told me this person had contacted him as well.

Your commission sounds great though as you are being given free reign.  What is your time limit?  I must confess I did suffer "teddy burn out" afterwards.

Karon

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Congratulations from me too!     :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  I hope you have time for Teddy Talk with that huge order!   bear_flower

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

Congratulations Susan

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Thanks again guys.
the answer to your question Karon is that this is a lady i have met at the christmas fairs here and have know her for a couple of years and she has bought several of my bears now. the plan is she gives me the names and i think of the bear etc then as i finish each bear she will receive it and pay for it then the order continues until i have finished, so the cost for her is spread over a time and i have a regular amount coming in if i do 2 amonth etc. Its great that she is in no hurry these bears are all for her, a project she is doing for her family.( i will reveal more about this later as it may be a new idea for me to go with) Because she is a longtime collector and appreciaties the work involved she is happy for me to take my time. which i need as i work and i have so much planned to push my bears this year.
I am really sorry your experience was bad Karon i know its so easy to get carried away with the moment thankyou for your friendly warnings.

thanks again for your support and supportive comments

big hugs to you all xxxx bear_flower

Board footer