Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

Hello

Has anyone ever swapped, traded or arranged payment in bears for a bear you just couldn't resist?

I think its a wonderful idea, but you all probably have what you like/want already.

Tell us your stories!  What was the oddest thing you received as payment or swap for one of your bears?

Its wasn't a bear, but at a large craft show I once had a carpenter who made this wonderful dovetailed boxes offer me a couple for my Boston Terrier puppy, Leroy, and he was serious.  Of course I didn't do it, but I'll bet there's some good stories out there about it!

Brenda

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm making a dog for a partial swap for a beautiful hand blown glass bowl!  Ours is in chocolate and caramel colors... but the pattern is similar to this..4388549038_4f44d94689.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

What a great idea, I'd never have thought of that, although I got a couple of lovely items in swaps on here

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes.  We were having some repair work done after hail damage and the guy doing the work saw all the bears I had in my inventory for a show coming up.  He needed a gift for his mom's birthday and traded work for one of the bears.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I did a haircut for an old teddy once. He was all threadbare and sad looking. Turned out to be a Chiltern Hugmee....I got the better part of the deal methinks!!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I received an antique piano in exchange for one of my bears a few years ago... it (the piano) needs restoration, but I love how it looks anyway!   bear_grin

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I've had some lovely bears through swops on here  bear_happy  I've got a Denby Bear, a Tuppie Teddy and a lovely one from Katy, at The Littlest Thistle. It's a good way of expanding by bear collection for the price of materials and postage! I look forward to the next one!

I have also traded a bear for a tiger cross stitch - I stitch myself so it wasn't really about the stitching I got back, more a friend of mine wanted a bear and couldn't afford to give me any money so we traded.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I traded one of my smallest and less expensive bears for jars of homemade jelly/jam.....boy was that delicious!!!!!

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I have traded a lot.  I always feel I get the better deal but I suppose they feel the same way.  I have had fees reduced from a lawyer and a roofer for a trade and then there is all the lovely wool I got for trading with a needlefelter and another one who does clothing from fur and I got some of that.  I love to trade.

Board footer