Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

weddingcouple2.jpgHi
I thought I would share my latest wedding work - this couple was finished at 2.45 am this morning ( I am so bad a judging how long finishing will take!!  :redface: but they had to be handed over today  :doh:
Hope you like them
:hug:
Anne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh  Anne,

And such a lovely couple they are too,

How wonderful, what a great gift to get-

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, Anne . . . that little couple will be cherished forever!!

Dilu . . . GREAT new avatar!!!  :clap:  :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What a beautiful couple, Anne. I"m sure they will be loved and cherished always.

Thanks for sharing with us!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

very cute Anne...how big are they??  Lucky lucky new owners!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Awesome Job!!! Beautifuls Bears!!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Wow, Anne! So beautiful, and the newly married couple are sure to be delighted with them! I love the way you dress up the box too. Very cute  bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub

Anne, I just e-mailed you - been wondering how you are but I guess there's smoke coming off your sewing needle at the moment! It's a busy old time of year!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thanks ladies Dilu, Melissa, Louise, Sandi, Sue Ann, Helena bear_flower bear_flower
So glad you think they are fine - was a bit of a rush and by the end my eyes were drooping somewhat!!
But worth it when I saw the expression on the face of the girl who ordered them when she opened the box!!

Melissa they are about 5" standing - I do a smaller version at about 2.5" - next time I complete a set that size I will post  :)
Helena you have had me laughing for ages - just the picture of smoke off the sewing needle is doubling me up in stitches  bear_grin bear_grin
:hug: :hug:
Anne

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Anne - these are fab! I reckon people will be getting married just so they can get a set!  bear_grin  :D

When i marry George Clooney will you make a pair for me please?  :rolleyes:

Penny  bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Anne,
  They are GORGEOUS!  I really think you've got something here with these mini wedding couples!  If I were getting  married (I'm already happily married, shucks!) I know I think it would be great to have a tiny pair atop the wedding cake!  Are folks using them on the cake?  I bet if you put a tiny magnet in the foot, and placed them on a circular base made of stainless steel... they'd stand up nice and you wouldn't have to worry about them toppling into the frosting! What a lovely little reminder of one's wedding for a bear lover!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thanks for lovely comments Penny and Kim bear_original

gotobedbears wrote:

When i marry George Clooney will you make a pair for me please?  :rolleyes:

Penny  :love:

Why of course I will Penny  bear_original bear_original
Just let me know when you name the day :thumbsup:
Kim
Yes I have had a couple of 2.5" wedding couples used on the top of cakes - I attached them through their feet with craft pins through a small hand cut wooden plinth.
I have tried before with magnets in paws to try and get bears to hold things or clasp their hands but magnets seemed to be ineffective through the ultrasuede - maybe they were not powerful enough  :doh:
I will be trying some new variations over the next six months though as my daughter wants a set for her wedding next year (daughter being daughter however - would like a few to choose from  bear_grin bear_grin ) one thing I would love is if I could get the bears to claps paws with one another
:hug: :hug:
Anne

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

You could start a whole new line , make them old looking and call them Anniversary bears. You 10 Years, 15, 20,25, ......
Oh well always thinking.
Kathy

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

OOOH< there was a design for a bear that held hands, free pattern in the teddy bear review magazine. It was for the Charity fund raiser. did you see it. I am sure I still have it. The bears were designed to hold one anothers hands.
That would be too sweet.
Kathy

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

OOOHhhhh they are wonderful Anne, lucky couple that will receive them too.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland
kathytaylor wrote:

OOOH< there was a design for a bear that held hands, free pattern in the teddy bear review magazine. It was for the Charity fund raiser. did you see it. I am sure I still have it. The bears were designed to hold one anothers hands.
That would be too sweet.
Kathy

No Kathy - there are few places who carry the non uk magazines in glasgow but if you could tell me what month the edition was I could try and find it :o)
Thanks for the suggestion  :thumbsup:
Thanks Karen :o)
Anne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They, once again, are adorable!!!!  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

They are just soo amazing!!!! That would be my favorite wedding gift for sure.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thank you Kim and Heather
Anne

Board footer