Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Baysidebears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

Hi All,

I sort of took a vacation from bear making last year  and spent many happy hour and days  with my painting ( LOVE IT!)..... and then I had to get a "real" job to pay the bills since the recession really  hit the bear business....as you all know, of course.
Well, I am back to making bears again....couldn't stay away! I used to sell all my bears in the featured category of ebay....what a lot of  changes to Ebay! I read through the  messages here about it and I have to say, I think I'll be looking for other selling venues. For now, my revamped website will do. Thinking of a way to  get a bigger audience, I created a Bayside Bears Facebook page today! I don't know why I didn't think of it before....what fun!It's a great way to interact with my collectors and get to know them better! I haven't figured out how to make a link in a post yet, so here is the link to my Bayside Bears Facebook Page. Come be a Fan! I'm asking people to post pics of their favorite bear. You have to see the "Teddy" massage chair someone made....talk about a HUG!

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/page … 225?ref=nf

I think the time away from bearmaking did me good, but it's nice to be back. I've had fun reading through all the posts here ( I should be sewing though!)

Mary Lou

ps....here is my painting website if you want to see what I was doing instead of making bears  http://www.maryloufoleyart.com

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Love your bears Mary Lou!  I am now a fan
Joanne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Joined your fan page, I have always been a fan of your bears  bear_wub
Love your paintings also!!! bear_wub

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Welcome back to bear making and Teddy Talk!   Your paintings are beautiful and so are your bears - I look forward to seeing your new creations!
Hugs,
Janice

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

The paintings are wonderful..welcome back!!

Baysidebears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. I put 3 bears on my revamped web site 2 days ago and all are sold. Who needs Ebay? I asked my collectors what they prefer and many of them said they hate Ebay now and prefer to buy directly from the artist. But, I need to find more venues for a wider audience. I have a few really dedicated collectors but   even they will run out of room soon!
I'm having fun with the facebook thing too. If any of you have FB pages for bears, become a fan of my page so I can suggest it to my Bayside Bears FB page fans.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back, Mary Lou, it's great to have you posting again!  Have always loved your bear artistry and just discovered your paintings . . . terrific!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It's great to see you here!   :hug:  I took a look at your paintings... Wow!  I love your use of colour and light - very vibrant.  They make me want to hop right into the paintings!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  We know you have an artist's soul just by looking at your bears, but it is great to see it in another art form as well!    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer