Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

2010-04-06-001-032.JPGFour little bears made from the pattern of the bear I so sadly destroyed.  All wear a little heart on their chests from the original bear.  They are all off to their new homes.
Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

They're precious little ones, Joanne, and the aging you did looks real.

I especially love the beanie cap on the boy bear.  bear_wub

Becky

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

They're all adorable - their personalities shine through!

Sue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Joanne,
     These are absolutely adorable - I love their vintage look!

hugs,

Brenda

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

How darling they are!  bear_wub They look so sweet and loved. And what do you mean? You destroyed a bear? I'm sorry to hear that...  bear_sad but you have the pattern?

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

i love these bears x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, they came out so cute!

Bloomsburg, PA

repro-bears-002.JPGrepro-collage.jpeg.jpg

New Avenue Crew wrote:

How darling they are!  bear_wub They look so sweet and loved. And what do you mean? You destroyed a bear? I'm sorry to hear that...  bear_sad but you have the pattern?

Thank you for your nice comments everyone.  I do think they are such cute bears.  I cannot take the credit because it is not my pattern.

I collect vintage and antique bears.  A couple of years ago I purchased a very sweet early American bear from a lady, it was her grandfathers.  She guessed late 1910's- early 20's.  He was so sweet, so worn and dirty.  I really loved him.  I kept him on my desk.  One day I thought I would clean him up, fix his hanging ears and broken neck.  I was not gentle enough, AND I DESTROYED HIM!!  Oh no, I cried and then hid him away for months, I could not even look at him.  Then finally I took him out, took him apart and made a pattern of his pieces.   All the little bear made from him have a piece of mohair on the chests.   A sad story with an almost happy ending.

Joanne

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Are they all going to be called 'phoenix'?  After all, they have risen from the ashes so well. i love them and the story that goes with them.  What size are they?

Bloomsburg, PA
Clarebear wrote:

Are they all going to be called 'phoenix'?  After all, they have risen from the ashes so well. i love them and the story that goes with them.  What size are they?

Hi Claire,  Wouldn't that be the perfect name.  I have not yet named any bear Phoenix even though I name most of the bears after Arizona places. 
This bunch are Martha, Elenor, Harry, and Dolly.  Since they are early American bears they are named after Martha Washington, Elenor Roosevelt, (although I spelled Elenor a little different) and Dolly Madison.  Harry, well that name sounds English to me, but I just love that name, so Harry it is.

They are about 12" tall, but appear smaller because they have long legs, takes up much of their height.

ps: The middle girl bear is missing.  I am going to give her away on my blog.  I will be posting that in a couple days.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, what history they have! bear_wub  I know you are crushed about the original bear, but bless your heart, you are keeping his memory alive! I hope you have a photo of him to cherish. Maybe you need to keep a mohair heart for yourself, too. :hug:

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Awww, the kids are adorable...and you also resurrected their clothing as well...they are the perfect family of cubs.  I love the idea of having risen from the 'ashes' ...little phoenixes (sp?)  Charming.  I know you enjoyed making them and they certainly show it.

Pat

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
New Avenue Crew wrote:

Oh, what history they have! bear_wub  I know you are crushed about the original bear, but bless your heart, you are keeping his memory alive!

That is exactly how I felt as well.  When I first read your story, Joanne, I thought this is so sad : losing the bear that was so close to you. bear_cry
But you turned it into a positive thing.  Although you had to give up the original teddy, his spirit lives on in all the teddies you make from his pattern.
Just think of all the joy his "offspring" will bring to teddy bear lovers all over the world.  I would certainly call that a blessing in disguise. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Board footer