Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Karon Posts: 751

Gosh, that sounds interesting Pat!

Dyed fabrics are always so unique.  I used to use Dylon Cold Dye and used to get interesting results - I used to stand over the sink like a witch over a caldron, then whip the mohair when I liked the colour.  To get a nice pink, the mohair barely touched the water.

My first experience was a disaster - it came out a cerise colour.  Now there is NOTHING wrong with cerise but it wasn't what I had in mind!

Great fun though!

Karon

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I would like to thank Susan for inviting me to the swap and to Karon for allow me as a collector to participate.
I have a very special bear in mind for you Susan. And he/she is looking forward to their new home. bear_wub
Thanks again. bear_original

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

I think it is a GREAT idea to have Cyndee on board!! bear_thumb

Murrieta, California

Thank you so very very very much for your kind words Linda.
You have no idea how you have made me feel :)
To be sure no one would be disappointed in having me as a partner Susan decided and I agreed to be be partners with each other. That way no hurt and or upset feelings.
Your words of welcome are greatly appreciated.  bear_wub

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I can't imagine anyone would be upset to have you as a partner!  Welcome aboard...

Missouri
Website

I finally have my design all in mind and the pattern drafted.  Mostly cut out but still debating on one aspect!  (I do a lot of that...) bear_rolleyes

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hey everyone,
good to see you commented Cyndee, we all have big teddy hearts here,  bear_wub  i am really looking forward to swapping, i have the idea already and even the name just have to start now.

great to see more people have joined, and some new TT's to which is great. :clap:
well done Karon your doing a great job

hugs susan  :hug:

Murrieta, California

Thank you Lenora and Susan. bear_wub
I am getting excited about the swap.  :clap:
Susan I wanted to ask you, do you collect as well? and if so what kind of bears to you collect?  bear_original

Hi

Vicki is joining us on the swap too.  Welcome Vicki!

Karon

Missouri
Website

:clap:  Welcome....this is going to be fun!

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi Cyndee

i do collect and i only have a few, they are all traditional, but i love all the bears and styles here is my hug there is one missing Peanuts i forgot him how terrible is that, and yet he is next to my bed, i guess you get used to them there. lol
hugs susan
DSCF5705.jpg

Murrieta, California

Hehe! bear_original
Thank you for the picture Susan.
I think you're going to love the bear I have picked out for you. bear_original
I can't wait!!!!!! bear_grin

Hi Susan

I like the two pink Naomi Laight bears - I love her bears

Missouri
Website

Nice hug Susan!  I usually am drawn to the pink bears and they are so cute.  I do not like gold color bears but the one in your hug just really draws me in...I am going to have to rethink that...hummm, maybe...

Vicki Posts: 99

Thanks so much everyone for allowing me to join in this swap!  And thanks for the warm welcome.  This is just the thing that I need right now...it's such a great idea!  I'm really excited to create a 'summertime' bear!

bear_original
~Vicki

Murrieta, California

Me too Lenora. :)
Most all my bears are pink!!! bear_wub

Cyndee

I don't believe this - I'm a pink bear fan too.  It must be a girl thing!

Karon

Murrieta, California

No Karon I think it's more "Great minds think a like"!!!! bear_grin  :crackup:
But seriously I can see the exact same bear but in 2 different colors one being pink and not even like the other color but yet think the pink one is adorable. bear_original
I think I might be a tad bit crazy!! bear_wacko

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Good for you Cyndee!!!! I am so happy for you! It's alot of fun and you will enjoy it! bear_original

Murrieta, California

Thank you Linda. bear_original

Just a reminder

The names for the bear swap participents will take place on the 14th.  Can't wait to see who my partner will be!!!!

I will PM everyone there partners details on the 14th. :dance:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Can't wait! Thanks Karon!! bear_flower

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

hi guys

lots of activity here...seems the funs beginning.... yes i love pink to(phone, laptop,clogs etc etc ) not just bears. the 2 bears you commented on i bought about 20 years ago and when i went to hugglets last september i was lucky enough to meet a friend of Naomi who was selling the last of Naomi's fur so i bought it... thats what Hector was made from and Noel. Also the gold bear was from hugglets to Mabledon Road Bears by  Susan Shillingford, i had a hard time choosing as there were a few i liked...lol

nearly swap time and so many have joined now which is great

Missouri
Website

:crackup:  Since I have been restricted with my movements, I have a bedroom on the main floor to rest in.  If you like pink, you should see it.  I was very depressed when I went to buy the paint and I bought grey.  I was determined to use it anyway and as it turned out I LOVE IT!  It is called twilight and changes color slightly with the time of day.  It is a perfect back drop for pink!!!  And, yes, my pink bear has a place of honor in there...

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi, I know its near the closing date but Susan you have encouraged me to have a go  bear_grin  I will pm you Karen!

Hugs Ali

Board footer