Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

A_26551_389670561695_705921695_4634732_3390654_n.jpgB_26551_389670571695_705921695_4634734_1280192_n.jpgWell!

Here is Bear #3, "Blue Monday". I love the mohair, a dense, curly/wavy mohair called Antique Blue.  He's 16" tall.

I know his eyes might seem scary, but I was going for the intense look of the old Bing bears. The flash is blanking out the Copic marker shading I've done - time to photograph him in natural light. Anyway, hope you like him! 

Poor fellow went through the mill: I attached his arms and legs, they weren't in the right place for me.... unstuffed, 2 or 3 sets of arm/leg joints later... a learning experience for his boy shape!

And the guy was blind for 2 months as I waited for different sizes of eyes to show up in the mail... (shaking fist at Canada Post)

teddyretirementhome

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Love his body shape and that mohair... there's something great about blue bears. bear_wub  bear_wub   I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of him in natural light.  bear_thumb

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

good news: his eyes are only in temporarily, have some lovely hand painted  brown/ochre ones in the mail to me for him bear_original

Board footer