Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

gangs-all-here.jpgWell, here they are, you can see I'm going wild trying out different mohair, and bear styles or types!

I'm working on bears 5-7 as I write, but it takes me ages (4 nosy, bored and silly French Bulldogs trying to steal teddy body parts and all of my bits n bobs while I'm hand sewing doesn't help!

bear_original

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Looks like you are having a ball!  I know I did!  Go for it.   They're wonderful!   I'm always working on at least four or five at one time.

Pat

John Paul Port Posts: 214

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:     GREAT !!!      :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh you have been busy, well done  bear_original

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Wonderful bears!  Congrats!

sue

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

What a lovely hug of bears  bear_wub you've been so busy!  If I can have a favourite, I must say I like the little one best  bear_grin

Hugs Ali

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I love them! bear_wub  Good for you! We used to have a sneaky cat who would have loved to swallow a needle and thread or keep an arm or leg... I got used to packing everything away after each bear-making session!

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh My Gosh! How many bears at one time? I'm 2 maximum, I'd be in over my head otherwise. You must be very organised?
I have to say I absolutely love, love, love the brown one on the right, gorgeous.

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am so impressed with your bear making skills.  I am with Richard, I think they are all fantastic, but I am in love with the guy on the right!!
Joanne

teddyretirementhome Woo Bears
toronto

Wow, I really appreciate the input!

I'm so unsure of showing them that I had completed them 3 weeks ago before I could get up the courage to post them here!

And to hear such encouraging words from folks who are masters really helps me keep at it bear_original  I've now got enough mohair in a variety of shades and texture to make a whole whack o' bears, so I'll keep at it and see what or 'who' joins us here ;)

Richard, its funny, when I'm doing something I love I'm so focussed I know where everything is, but the rest of the house looks like a hurricane hit it! hahahah  I actually sit on the couch in the living room sewing, as I have to keep an eye on the French Bulldogs, 3 of whom are under 2, and worse than human kids - these brats will wreck everything.... STILL!

So I have a big plastic container/bin, sort of see-through, with a nice colour-coordinated lid (ROL) that I pretty much chuck everything into for my bear making supplies. I do keep each bear, while working on them in see through plastic bags.  Luckily they're not all the same colour or pattern at any one time, and that also makes it easier to keep track.  If I'm on a roll for muzzles, I'll try to do all 3 or 4 at once, or paw pads, etc.

Everybody, I have to say, after a 25 year creative block (!!!!), I'm really loving this!

Cheers and bests

Brenda
teddyretirementhome

Board footer