Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I've seen so many cute elephants around and was going to try my hand at my first little lucky elephant.  I noticed that most people wire the trunks.  I've wired arms and ears before, but can't think of where you would anchor the wire.  Anyone willing to help me out on this one?

Thanks
Shanna

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Shanna .
I  make a loop with the wire and that loop goes to the front of the trunk and take the two ends like to the center of the head and surround it by the stuffing but I am sure other designers do it in other ways too, probably more "technical" than me bear_rolleyes  I guess , on bigger ones ( mines are on the smaller side ), you can take it all the way to the head joint and secure it in there.
Hope it helps.
Want to see it when you are done bear_original . Love your Avatar little one!
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Loveland

Gladys,
    Thanks for your tips and your kind words about my bear.  So you don't anchor it?  does it ever come out of the trunk, maybe the ends are too long for this to be a problem?  Mine will be a little one as well.

Thanks
Shanna

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Shanna, if you do it like Gladys said you can still take a stitch at the end of the trunk to catch the wire....or pipe cleaner and it won't come out of the trunk.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Lynn
It is amazing how there is always somebody that mention  something, that for some reason, you did not think off! I never had trouble with the wire getting out of the trunk but, it is possible I guess, if you handle the trunk a lot . The idea of securing the wire in the trunk front is perfect! It will be easy to do , just like you said, a couple of stichs to the front of the trunk, going through the wire loop. It will even help making more visible the nostril !
Thanks for your suggestion Lynn.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Loveland

Thank you thank you!!

Board footer