Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

JanetB Posts: 112

Hello everyone

I'm new to bear making so please forgive such a dumb question, but how do you "anchor" the thread as stated in instructions in books etc.  Many thanks for sharing your expertise. People on this site are so generous.
Jan

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Hi Jan,
There are no "dumb" questions, that's what we are all here for, to learn from each other  bear_original
There are two ways I know of, one is to tie a knot and slip it down your thread so that it's sitting close to the fabric and then use you needle to pop it inside the bear.
My preferred method is to use several stitches worked in and out along the seam. Change directions and work lots of them to make sure your thread is well anchored and then snip off the end of the thread, close to the fur and squeeze to pop the end in under the fur.
I hope this helps  bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

The other way to anchor thread is to use a double thread ( one folded in half) with the ends through the needle...you pull the needle through the bit you are sewing, leaving just a loop  poking out..then go back in with the needle , almost through the original needle hole and take it out  out through the loop...and then pull in the loop , this anchors the thread invisibly too...But I use both of Lindas methods as well!

JanetB Posts: 112

These are both great tips.  Thankyou.

Board footer