Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

This week the Guild of Master Bearcrafters would like to invite you to enjoy their 'Feelin' Blue' slideshow, featuring some wonderful work with a focus on 'blue'.  Enjoy!

www.masterbearcrafters.ning.com

Guildheadersmall.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

What a lovely collection.  My hat goes off to the person that made the bear with the white head and the super long fur on the rest of him, that must have been SO difficult to work with!

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Absolutley gorgeous congratulations to everyone.  I was just diappointed that there were no names on the bears although I recognised a few distinctive styles.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Lovely selection of bears there, congrats.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Paula,

When I was looking a the "feelin' blue" slideshow (and previous slideshows), I noticed that there are several other photo albums available on the site as well.

Now I completely understand that you want a forum dedicated solely to artists (without annoying collectors butting in  bear_whistle ), but wouldn't it be possible for non-members to see the other albums (vintage style teddies, pandas, contemporary bears, ... ) as well? 

For example, I saw a lovely classic teddy in the 2010 GUILD MEMBERS ALBUM Classic Bears 4, but I have no idea who made him.  And that is so frustrating  bear_wacko .
bear22.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the All bear gang

Clarebear wrote:

I was just diappointed that there were no names on the bears although I recognised a few distinctive styles.

Clare, I had the exact same thought, until I discovered that you had to put your mouse at the bottom of the picture and then you get a menu where you can select "I" (information); that shows you some information about the bear/animal and artist.   It took me a few hours to figure that out  :crackup: .

bear23.jpg

Peter & the bears

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the showcase of Guild members' work!  As Peter says, if you put your mouse over the bottom of the slideshow screen a menu will pop up - click the 'i' button and information about the bear you are viewing, including the maker's name, will be displayed.

With regard to the other albums, I have checked the settings but the Ning (our website host) software doesn't give an option for making the albums available for public viewing.  I do create a new slideshow every week and try to showcase all members' work one way or another, so if you pop by regularly to see our slideshows, you will be introduced to an incredible range of bearcrafting talents and styles from all around the world.

Peter, the gorgeous bear you noticed on the front page, was created by Vintage Bears of France ... they exhibited at the last Hugglets show in Kensington by the way and will be back in February 2011.  The bear is called Felix and he is a 17 inches traditional bear made from Golden tipped Schulte Mohair, stuffed with excelsior, with shoebutton eyes and vintage-looking felt paw pads. He wears an handmade collar.  Vintage Bears have a website: http://www.vintage-bears.com/

Thank you for the info, Paula, I had never heard of these French bears, but they do make some beautiful teddies.

Peter & the all bear gang

Board footer